PDA

View Full Version : Renewing uk CPL/IR

CreteHurricane
3rd Feb 2008, 19:03
Could anyone advise me on renewing my UK CPL/IR

Licenced issued in 2000, and therefore needed renewing in 2005. Also initial IR carried out with CAA in 2000, renewed in sime twice since but not since 2004, i hear I may have to take the I/R in aircraft this time.

thanks

Backontrack
4th Feb 2008, 09:08
CH

I am in a simialr situation to yourself. I passed my initial IR in 2004, have renewed twice since, the last time 20 months ago in a sim. However, my research has established that you have to renew alternately in the sim, then the aircraft. So I like yourself am currently looking for some cheap sim time to brush up IF skills.

Good luck.

Canada Goose
4th Feb 2008, 12:18
You can only revalidate in a sim if;

1. Your previous renewal/re-validation was in an aircraft.
2. Your IR has not expired (is still valid), in which case it is referred to as a re-validation. As your IR's have expried it is referred to as a renewal and therefore must be renewed in an a/c.

Sorry to be the bearer of expensive news !! I know from experience having let my IR expire by a week or so last year !!

CG.

VFE
4th Feb 2008, 14:51
But there's nothing to stop you doing some training in the sim should you wish. Depending on recency of IMC flying you may find it useful? As an instructor I have barely seen a cloud since my IR lapsed in 2005 - PPL instruction for the large part taking place in VMC - therefore am considering a couple of hours refreshing in the sim prior to jumping in the aircraft. At least that way I can get back into the mindset of IR flying without paying double for it!

VFE.