PDA

View Full Version : One stop modular

maxdrypower
1st Feb 2008, 19:33
I heard a decent rumour this very week regarding this new phrase. I think Ian Cheese has used it with reference to flybe . In that they will only consider modular chaps and chapettes who have done all their professional training at one provider , I am led to believe this is ATPL G/S CPL/Multi/IR MCC .
The rumour is that the CAA are going to at some stage , maybe with the advent of EASA state that you can only carry ou professional training with one provider for it to be acceptable to them for licensing purposes .
Anyone heard this , as a rumour or a a fact???

gd123
1st Feb 2008, 19:37
I thought flybe stated they wanted you to have done cpl/ir at the same school not mcc?

maxdrypower
1st Feb 2008, 19:39
That was my belief , as some schools cannot cater for an MCC which wouldnt be good news for them , i would imagine

gd123
1st Feb 2008, 19:44
dont quote me on that, its just what i heard, why not call flybe

bajadj
1st Feb 2008, 20:30
I personally believe that if a student wishes to go one stop modular, this should remain a personal decision and fail to understand how this should have any bearing whatsoever on recruitment.

It's a very dangerous precendent to set.. what next? "We will only take students from xyz school?". Whilst this may already be in practice at some airlines, how the hell can this be imposed by the likes of the CAA and EASA??

for example in my case, I'm at oat doing my groundschool but I don't feel the flying side of the modular training at oat represents good value for money, so i plan to continue elsewhere for the cpl/ir...etc. Firstly I don't think i should be penalised for this (especially if i choose another uk training provider), secondly I think to outlaw multi stop modular beggars belief as this would mean a student is stuck with the same provider even if he can't stand them from week one of groundschool...or if they go bust!!!

isn't the whole point of modular training to be flexible???

G SXTY
2nd Feb 2008, 08:11
Flybe's definition of "one stop modular" is simple. They want candidates who have done the CPL and IR at the same school. That's it. It does not include MCC, ATPL writtens or PPL.

The reason, and this is from a definitive source, is so they can check a candidate's training records quickly and easily, rather than having to speak to half a dozen schools and get the story bit by bit. In other words, it's an audit trail.

Any employer wants to minimise their training risks, and Flybe have obviously decided that continuity of training is a significant factor. 'Fairness' doesn't come into it - it's their trainset and they decide what selection criteria to use.

MIKECR
2nd Feb 2008, 18:10
Well sorry to pi** on anyone's fire but im afraid its nothing more than a rumour. A friend(low hours modular chap) of mine got in just recently and had several different FTO's throughout his training. I'd go as far saying he had a different school for every part of his training, including cpl and also his IR.

I believe Mr Cheese's recent words were 'preference to one stop modular' but he certainly didnt rule out anyone else.

Deal in facts people, not rumour mill.