PDA

View Full Version : ebay Robinson R44s

wallism
31st Jan 2008, 19:08
Does anyone know about this R44 on ebay? Item 180206753239
Does anyone know anything about the seller?
He is selling two, one a Raven 1, Item 180206755900, that was badly damaged and prematurely rebuilt by the look of the AAIB report and it's low hours.
As for the Raven 2 I can't make out the reg. I wrote and asked "What is the reg of the blue one so I can see if that's been crashed too". Perhaps not as polite as it could have been but it obviously struck a chord as this was his response:
Dear [my name],
try heathrow for plane spotting
- dbiuk

Shame really, I'll have to go and give my money to someone else now.

manfromuncle
31st Jan 2008, 19:15
Read his feedback. That says it all really.

misterbonkers
31st Jan 2008, 19:37
From the photos it looks like it is in the big hangar at Weston Aerodrome (Dublin). Perhaps they can throw some light on it? There cant be too many helicopters in that unusual colourscheme!

r44raven
31st Jan 2008, 20:20
OK, now before I make this posting lets be clear - I'm not wearing my anorak - just a quiet night on the telly! Checked G-INFO by owner (Rotormotion) and the Raven is EI-KHL which has been re-registered as G-GOES and is awaiting certification. There's a series of photos here:

http://www.abpic.co.uk/search.php?q=EI-KHL&u=reg

Hope this helps

KNIEVEL77
31st Jan 2008, 20:49
I'd steer well clear if I was you, as 'mfu' suggests, his Ebay feedback tell you everything you need to know!

wallism
31st Jan 2008, 21:50
Thanks folks. You'll perhaps be pleased to know I'm not so naive as to go to ebay and click "Buy Now" on an R44. His feedback is of course interesting, as he has been selling crashed cars too! The difference with the R1 is he hasn't chosen to mention that little gem. I'll be getting myself an R2 from Avbuyer or similar with all the usual checks first. I didn't like that colour anyway :rolleyes:

Efirmovich
1st Feb 2008, 06:33
G-ROZI is an Astro not an R1......

E.