PDA

View Full Version : FAA Requirement for CPL 250

AvEnthusiast
31st Jan 2008, 10:35
Hello Gents,

I would be glad if someone can calrify this for me. Let's say if you want to obtain your CPL with any FTO they will say that the PPL & IR are the prerequistes. for example if we look at the website of http://www.flyingvikings.com/packages.html the total hours of flying experience you gain by obtaining PPL & IR is 80 hrs and then with 10 hours more they present CPL or even if you study the CPL and ME package all your hours will come to 110 hrs, so how they can issue you a CPL with 110 hrs while FAA requirement for CPL is 250 hrs. Or am I mistaken here?

Regards,
AvEnthusiast

pilotincommand
31st Jan 2008, 10:42
You can't do the 10 hour CPL course unless you can meet the 250 hour requirement and you can't do the PPL and IR in 80 hours unless you do the Part 141 course. I suspect what you've read about is the Part 141 Commercial course which will give you a CPL with less than 250 hours due to it being a fully approved and closely monitored course. The alternative is the Part 61 CPL but this requires you to hour build to the 250 hours.

AvEnthusiast
3rd Feb 2008, 04:23
Thanks for the tips. Then would it be possible to do the PPL in USA and then return my home country and do hour build up (50 hrs PIC for IR) and then be back to USA for IR and then back to home country for hour build pu for CPL and ...

Regards,
AvEnthusiast