PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Flying College

Hermie
31st Jan 2008, 03:02
Hi,

Any thoughts for the Singapore Flying College and especially for Self- Sponsored Candidates ?

I'm thinking of applying for it but unsure where I might stand after graduating.

Regards

cruisercruiser
31st Jan 2008, 14:30
Hi,

I have self -sponsored friends in SFC now who have been approached by a certain LCC. I was told that opportunities are abound, however, as usual they were not promised anything until they graduate with their license.

A few self-sponsored contacts I've known here are already going to be SFC instructors when they graduate.

Maybe some self sponsored guys here would like to provide first hand info?

cheers!

thornycactus
31st Jan 2008, 17:23
Hi, Any thoughts for the Singapore Flying College and especially for Self- Sponsored Candidates?I'm thinking of applying for it but unsure where I might stand after graduating.
You must be damn rich to "burn" the fuel! :D Read my post (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3536326&postcount=6) [<- right click]

training wheels
1st Feb 2008, 12:35
Thornycactus .. why are you so negative mate? Any time someone posts for advice, it's always "nope, can not do" from you. May be this is a reflection on your own short comings with the aviation industry perhaps? Look at the glass half full, mate .. not half empty. :rolleyes:

HenC
2nd Feb 2008, 10:03
hey cruiser, which LCC is that?

They accept fresh atpl holders?

cruisercruiser
2nd Feb 2008, 11:36
Hi,

No one has been taken yet since they didn't promise the private cadets anything.

cheers

HenC
2nd Feb 2008, 13:09
hmm so far i have not heard of Tiger or Jetstar taking in fresh atpl holders.

Air Asia and Fireflyz....yes.

Cruiser, any recommendations on how i can get into SFC and instruct as well? :}

How are things on ur side.....have u enrolled yourself yet?

imagination
2nd Feb 2008, 15:13
Cruiser,

Are your self sponsored contacts currently undergoing FI training in down under ? are they base in spore or aust?

visselhovede
4th Feb 2008, 00:18
Hi HenC,
How is your 'refund' from the malaysia flying school? Did you get back your money?

HenC
4th Feb 2008, 02:11
have u gotten the wrong person? :)

I'm not involved in any refund at all......

cruisercruiser
4th Feb 2008, 14:08
Hi hi,

Apart from applying to SFC through the legitimate way (i.e the private application form!) I don't really know if there's another way to it really. This guy I got to know in pprune signed up, got offered to be a cadet instructor and is trianing in australia now. There are also a few private cadets who are still studying or have just finished their ATPL studies in singapore but like i said haven't got any promise. Do they ever promise? No I guess!

I know a few people who got licenses from malaysia and canada who went to the then YFC to instruct, stayed a couple of years then crossed over to silkair. Maybe you would like to try this way if you already have a license?

I've got a while more to serve before I try! Counting down....

cheers