PDA

View Full Version : CHC being bought?????

HVHmt
30th Jan 2008, 21:49
Rumor that CHC is being bought by VIH, any truth?????

helimutt
30th Jan 2008, 22:22
never heard that but interesting rumour! :hmm:

albatross
30th Jan 2008, 22:23
You mean we'll have to paint all the Helicopters again!:E

I still have the burn scars from the last "branding" process.:{

New Hats and Shirts for all.:ok:

DeltaNg
1st Feb 2008, 08:23
This is true...I heard it today from a secret source within the company...:8
CHC is being bought by Tesco and will be renamed CHC Extra. And all pilots will be paid in Tesco Points and Clubcard deal vouchers. And the uniform...well that will be really smart..........:}

garn
1st Feb 2008, 11:52
hehe. if i have enough clubcard points, do i get to be a pilot? or do they just become airmiles?

fkelly
1st Feb 2008, 12:02
So one can expect to see the knackerdest old aircaraft done up in the "Tesco Value" stripes then?

tistisnot
1st Feb 2008, 22:58
And a barcode on the pilot's forehead - plip!

the delaminator
1st Feb 2008, 23:11
hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa. Thats a good one man. Thanks for the laugh. Oh no wait .....you were serious???? sorry.

Well then. CHC is a publicly traded company and as such anyone who can amass more voting shares than anyone else can to some extent control the company. As far as I know the largest trading block remains in the hands of the dobbin family and if they (young Mark) decides its time to sell and get into some other line of work then someone else will become the controlling shareholder. And that someone else could very well be Ken Norie CEO and Grand Master of VIH Group. It wouldn't be the first time a little guy came along and swallowed the whale. We could turn the Humming Chickens around and make them face west again!

The only thing I know for sure other than that is that it won't be me or Albatross. We have better things to spend our money on.

albatross
2nd Feb 2008, 00:16
"The only thing I know for sure other than that is that it won't be me or Albatross. We have better things to spend our money on."

Yeah to that brother Delaminator-

But - knowing you as I do - Wouldn't you like to be in charge for a day or two - just long enough to take revenge on those that have offended you and then ride off into the sunset taking a very large bonus with you?:E

Roll on the 6/49 retirement plan!:O

I'll be home in March - I'll call - we'll talk.

Very_Low_and_Fast
2nd Feb 2008, 01:47
Being bought?? I would say being sold...

:}