PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Handling

Habana2118
18th Dec 2007, 20:58
Anyone know whom will be handling the combined MYT/TCX contract for summer 08?

groundrat
20th Dec 2007, 21:04
Don't really think the handling will change from servisair-aviance probably not interested what with having the BA monster and Virgin already,Menzies will be quite busy with EZY so i don't know if thet have any plans for expansion and as for ALBA-well-who knows if they are allowed to bid for the contract of a company that is essentially a direct rival of their parent company GSM.:)

groundrat
21st Dec 2007, 15:58
Have been told that the hot rumour at GLA is that ALBA handling services have made a successful bid to provide full ground services for FLYBE at GLA-apparently,they found a "loophole" in their contract with GSM that was preventing them from bidding for other contracts.or so the story goes anyway.Don't have any details but my source is good...i guess that only time will tell.:rolleyes:

Gerry Alba
5th Jan 2008, 16:02
Sorry, but I have not spoken to anyone at Flybe with regards to ground handling at GLA.

What your source heard was that Alba Ground Handling have assisted Flybe with ticket desk space.
Flybe will share space with Alba at our Baggage facilities /Ticket desk at GLA.(they move in next week)

I can also set the record straight that Flyglobespan and Alba have a very tight partnership,there are no loopholes nor would we require any as we discuss everything very openly.

I am quite willing to openly discuss any gossip issues,rumors at anytime.
I hope this sets the record straight.

Gerry Rodden:=
Managing Director
Alba Ground Handling Ltd.

MUFC_fan
5th Jan 2008, 16:04
Sorry, but I have not spoken to anyone at Flybe with regards to ground handling at GLA.

What your source heard was that Alba Ground Handling have assisted Flybe with ticket desk space.
Flybe will share space with Alba at our Baggage facilities /Ticket desk at GLA.(they move in next week)

I can also set the record straight that Flyglobespan and Alba have a very tight partnership,there are no loopholes nor would we require any as we discuss everything very openly.

I am quite willing to openly discuss any gossip issues,rumors at anytime.
I hope this sets the record straight.

Gerry Rodden:=
Managing Director
Alba Ground Handling Ltd.

Thats you told groundrat!;)

groundrat
6th Jan 2008, 17:55
LOL!ur right mate:O!now that i've been slapped down in such a dramatic fashion,i guess i'll just keep schtum in the future in case a good,decent and honourable individual such as mr rodden gets upset and sets aboot me!Ah well-at least he has the integrity to set the record straight which is very refreshing to see!over and out!

GW76
6th Jan 2008, 18:07
Not necessarily, he could be anyone posting that

Sir Michael Bishop
BMI British Midland
Castle Donington
East Midlands
:rolleyes:

Gerry Alba
6th Jan 2008, 18:26
Cheers Groundrat.
I to was ex AVI (well MAS).

We just started our second station today at EDI with Flyglobespan, 100% on time , Morag and I are very happy.

Oh the modirators will confirm my identity ,Sir M.
I used to work for BMI 1990-1995 dont you remember me? hahaha:ugh:

direct contact
[email protected]:ok:

W Cdr Gibson
17th Jan 2008, 07:15
Shouldn't that be gerryrodden@all bawbag round handling.com?

groundrat
19th Jan 2008, 18:32
:ok:hah!nice one W Cdr Gibson!!

That just about sums him up.

Gerry Alba
28th Jan 2008, 06:29
With regards to the actics of W Cdr Gibson & The rat (groundrat)

I can imagine what W stands for eh! & Ratty is well know for living up to his name.

I was wonder which great employer you work for ?
are you in the Circus .
or just deviance ..!

call me any time for a chat.

I thought this forum was for information on aviation not :mad:`s:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:ok:

DisasterEight
28th Jan 2008, 14:47
Mon the Hoops:D:D:D:D:D:D

groundrat
28th Jan 2008, 16:40
So the story going around just now is that Aviance are no longer the handling agent for US Airways at GLA...anybody hear anything?Don't have any idea as to who the handling contract has gone to(if true)but doesn't really surprise me as last summer was an utter shambles!:rolleyes:

groundrat
28th Jan 2008, 16:52
:ugh:Quote
With regards to the actics of W Cdr Gibson & The rat (groundrat)

I can imagine what W stands for eh! & Ratty is well know for living up to his name.

I was wonder which great employer you work for ?
are you in the Circus .
or just deviance ..!

call me any time for a chat.

I thought this forum was for information on aviation not :mad:`s:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:ok:

How many times??i no longer work in the airline industry:rolleyes:
What aviation related information DID your last post include?All i saw was sour grapes and a veiled threat.Maybe you are just upset because we touched a raw nerve??maybe it's because you're upset that you know it's only a matter of time until Flyjokespam(and ALBA-by extension)go to the wall)??who knows and who cares!I don't!you won't be out of pocket anyway-i'm sure mate!Pathetic child that you are!!!!!!!

Gerry Alba
30th Jan 2008, 16:48
yeah as you said lets stick to aviation.

Flyglobespan are a very secure airline with a very secure ground handling company in both GLA & EDI.
have you seen the adverts on TV and in the press..?

Flyglobespan have plans to open a hanger at a Scotish airport.
They have a very focused board of directors.

Alba are now operational in 2 Scottish airports and will expand.
We have a 5 year business plan,which is going very well to plan.in fact we have asked to slow down opening at other bases,just now ,to allow us to look at other business in the airports which we operate.

Both companies do not have to keep justifying the situations ,but hope this educates thoose interested.

Gossip around GLA is that 3 airlines are moving from 2 older handling companies to 2 newer.
This is gossip as we have not signed any other business to date,maybe its 1 new one getting 3 airlines? know knows and who cares.

Alba will just get on with our business and let the rest Gossip away if they want.Im sure the directors and managers of the other companies dont get involved in speculation..:=

Anyway good bye groundrat enjoy time left with your company :ugh:

ggspn
31st Jan 2008, 18:38
I too have heard that U.S Airways are sniffing around for a new handling agent. The talk of ALBA taking on Flybe is also in the air.

Although if Mr Alba is saying they wont be taking Flybe, then I guess they wont be taking Flybe - which is probably a good thing for them considering the weather these days. :cool:

TUI (FCA / TCX) will be going to servisair or aviance.

Who's first to get their 787's? FCA or GSM? It should be good press for whoever handles it first in GLA.

groundrat
4th Feb 2008, 21:53
:rolleyes:If we all listened to you,you would be dominating the world market in ground-handling!LOL!Why bother with rumours and gossip??Mate,the clue is in the title of this forum:Professional Pilots Rumour Network!!So with that in mind,heres what i have heard on "the street":ALBA will soon be taking over all the handling contracts of every airline imaginable!!Indeed,it has been reported that many managing directors including Willie Walsh,Michael O leary and Sir Richard Branson have been begging you to come and "save them" from any more sub-standard handling agents!!Alas,it has been rumoured that you have decided to turn your back on them all in favour of sticking with the"award winning" greatest airline of them all:Flyglobespan:}I have to say,it makes great business sense to be knocking back all the business thats coming knocking your door down!:confused:Its all just gossip and rumour of course;)

groundrat
4th Feb 2008, 22:03
Was sorry to hear that PAL(passenger assistance ltd)went into liquidation last week.I knew/know most of the guys at GLA and hope that they will find new jobs very soon.They were handling wheelchair passengers for airlines such as FCA and Flybe at GLA and were responsible for wchr handling at EDI however,they had recently lost the BAA handling contract(which was been offered to just one company at both airports) to THS who now take responsibility for all wchr handling at GLA and EDI.Its a shame that it ended this way and i would like to take this opportunity to thank all the guys at PAL for all their hard work and wish them all the very best for the future.;)

Gerry Alba
5th Feb 2008, 09:28
Thanks for the update,Its good to know the message is getting through!

Alba are content with our business at GLA and EDI
In the future we may tender for other business but at present we are very happy with our customer airline.
Scottish Airline with Scottish Handling company is working great.:D

We will be recruiting for our very busy summer season at both airports very soon we will employ approx 70 staff at EDI and over 110 at GLA.

Flybe have moved into our ticket desk at GLA.

Loads of spectulation that we have won various airlines.
NONE of which we have approached..sorry..:=

Groundrat,Alba are different from the multi national handling companies, my wife and myself are the directors and we dont have to ensure the board are getting their pound of flesh every month to satisfy the accountants.

We do however plan to run a stable handling company with steady growth and we are open to talk to any airline regarding handling,but not at any price.

Thanks for the info regarding the others, if I get bored I will have a natter meanwhile its back to sending out all those tenders hahaha!!!:ok:

Chox away.

JB007
5th Feb 2008, 09:40
Who's first to get their 787's? FCA or GSM? It should be good press for whoever handles it first in GLA.

We are! FCA are European launch customer, due in early 2009, but expected in 20:mad:!!!!!

Not sure if you'll see it in GLA though!!!

Gerry Alba
5th Feb 2008, 09:44
Groundrat I totaly agree with you, PAL have been at GLA & EDI for years and the staff have been great.

Unfortunatley when the contact was up for tender PAL did not enter the bidding which made quite a few people suspicious.
It was no shock to some companies what the out come was going to be.

We hear the staff were not paid when the company folded however THS took over the handling of the wheelchairs and saved the airports and other airlines and handling companies embaressment and they have managed to take most of the staff on as well.

I think THS should be commended on doing this,unfortunatly some people are moaning because they now have to pay realistic prices for their Wheelchair passengers..who else would do that!:D

BY752
5th Feb 2008, 10:34
"We just started our second station today at EDI with Flyglobespan, 100% on time , Morag and I are very happy."

Very happy with the near-miss with a BA RJ85 and a set of Alba steps in the first 2 weeks? :D

I jest, any one working with GSM needs luck to be honest.

nebpor
5th Feb 2008, 15:12
I am generally calm in the face of bad service, but almost lost my nut at the absolute idiots BA have contracted as front-desk and handling at Glasgow, on Monday morning.

The queues at "fast bag drop" are ridiculous and the exec lounge is now staffed by three loafers who sit about chatting to each other rather than being in any way shape or form useful.

I really, really hope everyone is getting as annoyed as I am at paying a premium fare only to have to put up with such an appallingly budget service at the airport - it's doing BA no favours at all.

ggspn
5th Feb 2008, 16:47
If Alba are only permitted to serve Flyglobespan, why is it they've handled some army ad-hocs, private flights and other misc flights in the past? ... cash-in-hand I believe. Are you hiding it?

There's no point saying Alba is dedicated to handling FGS and only FGS when there are clearly Alba employee's handling random non-FGS aircraft.

ggspn
5th Feb 2008, 16:54
That's Aviance staff for you :rolleyes:

Suppose you get what you pay for. I'm aware you're still paying the same price, I'm talking about BA paying Aviance whatever they paid them. Recently, BA announced they made huge profit.

Charging the same airfares but you get a lesser service. :ugh:

groundhand
6th Feb 2008, 09:23
GGSPN

Firstly let me point out that I do not work for Alba, nor do I have any connection to any owner or employee but..

Your mail, quote:
If Alba are only permitted to serve Flyglobespan, why is it they've handled some army ad-hocs, private flights and other misc flights in the past? ... cash-in-hand I believe. Are you hiding it?

What planet are you on to think that airlines fly around paying cash for handling services? Even owners of private aircraft utilising handling companies rarely, very rarely, offer cash as a payment method. This world works on plastic, be it credit, debit or account card.

I've worked ground handling for many, many years at lots of airports handling 100's of airlines and 100,000 flights and cash, in 25 years+?; once, for an African charter who paid in crisp, fresh Dollars back in the 70's.

nebpor
6th Feb 2008, 16:15
Agreed - the service is only going to be as quality as the contractual terms upon which it's based, but as said elsewhere, these people have no inclination or desire to offer decent customer service, just "do their jobs".

I've noticed a few of the ex-BA staff now involved, so they're obviously trying to improve things.

However, no matter how crap a contract BA have the handlers on, there is no excuse for anyone ever being short with me at the front desk in the exec lounge - manners and politeness should be free :confused::ok:

ggspn
6th Feb 2008, 16:59
Groundrat, I posted that in the wrong thread. I didn't say you worked for Alba.

FYI - Alba have received cash-in-hand flights before. I know some of their staff. I don't feel like I have to convince you, but do you really find it that hard to believe?

groundrat
6th Feb 2008, 19:43
Sorry ggspn-i don't know who "groundhand"is!honest:confused:.

Nebpor,you are dead right about the Aviance staff at GLA-they don't give a hoot!Believe me,as a guy who worked in that environment for that company,as a"turn-round co-ordinator" i've been on the receiving end of their bare-faced ignorance as well.Not that i'm trying to make any excuses here but-consider this:
The BA staff in LHR and LGW had their job titles changed from "turn-round co-ordinator" to "turn-round manager" because they would have had to pay the Aviance staff at GLA,EDI,ABZ and MAN with those job titles the same wage which was around £35,000 per annum!As it is,the "TRC" gets paid the Aviance wage which is around £14500-£16000 per annum for the same job and responsibilities!Equate that with the "customer services "staff and you will see why there is such a huge difference in attitude.Its because thats all they could get to work for them on those kind of wages-little girls and ex-shelf stackers who wouldn't know what customer service was if it bit them in the a:mad:!!But,hey BA is a business and they wanted to save money so...:rolleyes:

nebpor
7th Feb 2008, 12:53
Crikey groundrat - from that I can clearly see why the quality of staff has dropped so far then .... thanks for the first-hand insight!

ggspn
8th Feb 2008, 21:22
I thought Aviance staff got paid more when they took on BA? :eek:

DAVYDAY
7th Mar 2008, 20:13
Just heard tonight as I came off flight that aviance have lost virgin atlantic at Gla to new handlers alba..the dispatcher is thinking of jumping ship..

ggspn
8th Mar 2008, 16:33
Well done Alba :D

Take on as much as you can and drop gsm!!

groundrat
11th Mar 2008, 14:34
Big deal-you should try going for an all year round contract.What is Virgin-13 flights?It was going to cost Aviance more than it was worth anyway after training etc so Alba are more than welcome to it!Maybe they lucky if GSM are being bought by BMI.As for the dispatcher jumping ship....well,you know what they say about frying pan into the fire:eek:

DAVYDAY
12th Mar 2008, 16:37
Hey just clicked, this guy works for aviance - bad showmanship-

I think you are the dispatcher that cocked up my departure last week? wrong paperwork and you also said you went for an interview last year with alba and got rejected.bad blood.caught out:ugh:

Your covers blow Stuart!
looks like you will have to try somewhere else you sorry chap.
my FO thought it was you with the other comments.

Virgin is 18 flights this year and you lost them!:D

groundrat
12th Mar 2008, 22:28
Wrong mate!Not even close-thanks for that though!Do you work for FCA/TOM Davy?Either that or Zoom?Think apart from that,it would be BA?HAHA,sounds like Stu though-messing up the paperwork!LOL!So i got the number of flights wrong-shows how up to date i am:uhoh:!Why are you getting so wound up anyway:confused:Did i do something to upset you personally or is it just that you were having a pop at me because you thought i was somebody else?

DAVYDAY
13th Mar 2008, 07:10
Red Handed - Guilty My Lord.
You Missed Out 4 Other Airlines .:=

Ground1
13th Mar 2008, 11:32
With regards to Aviance handling BA at various stations throughout the UK, if you check BA's Global monotoring survey which they take very seriously you will actually see that they are doing very well in terms of performance and customer service, even better than most stations where BA are still self handling. Its just a shame that many BA employees still hold a grudge and want them to fail. Its not Aviance's fault that BA paid off their staff, they should think thmeselves lucky that the contract went out to Aviance in some stations. Also the BA lounge in Glasgow was voted 3rd most friendlest staff worldwide by BA passengers and performs very well. They still have many of the ex-BA staff now working for Aviance in various departments and they work very well together. Aviance staff are paid well enough and better than most other handling agents, having spoken to ex-BA staff. You will also find that most Aviance staff are well trained and have fairly high standards in terms of customer service. Its a shame that some of the younger generation may not have high standards of customer service, but this is the case throughout any industry.

Also, Aviance did not handle Virgin Atlantic, I believe they were assisting with ground operations last summer and there was no agreed deal for this term. US Airways is also under negotiation but as yet nothing has been signed.

DAVYDAY
1st Apr 2008, 19:14
Well they may not be posting any more.

Today (and this is not an April fool) aviance sent letters at GLA, to all staff informing them there will be redundancies in all departments.

They did bite off more than they could chew..
I for one will not shed a tear as thay have had it coming for years.

Old equipment,poor station management and staff that wander around and load us up when they feel like it.

The writtings on the wall for them I`m sorry to say.
In the last month we have taken at least 16 delays.

Time to bow out Chaps.:confused:

groundrat
2nd Apr 2008, 21:19
Guys-u r all too late!I have already told everybody who i am on this forum so i beat you all to it a long time ago.As for not posting any more,well-if thats the way it is then thats the way it is i guess...i do feel truly sorry for anyone who loses their jobs but i was lucky in getting out of it before the letters were handed out.Finished working in the airline industry as a worker who has been under valued and undermined underpaid and under appreciated.I'm sure i won't be missed at all and i personally could care less!!I have always walked my own path and been my own man and for that,lots of people at GLA hate me with a passion but seeing as you can only vent your views on this forum,then i will continue to disrespect you until you come and say something to my face.

Regardless,i did make a lot of friends and met my lovely wife so i would like to thank all those who i have known both in the ground and the air over the last four years-it honestly has been a privilege to know you all:D

Keep on flying:)

Groundrat(Stuart Harbourne/Stonelima9)signing off.
Forever.

DAVYDAY
3rd Apr 2008, 06:09
Spoken like a true gentleman
goodbye..:D:D:D:D

oh you ex cols in lgw 90 are going WOW!

Enjoy the beat:ok:

ggspn
4th Apr 2008, 17:02
Are you talking about me? My name's Martin :confused:, I used to work for Aviance while GSM was still a customer. I left before Alba started handling GSM.

Not that it's any of your business. :confused:

No sourgrapes with Alba, GSM however... :yuk:

Skipness One Echo
8th Apr 2008, 11:51
They sure as Hell weren't the first airline to operate Belfast to Florida, OR fit winglets to the B737-800. Also, one of them, G-CEJO STILL hasn't had them fitted. Anyone know why?
They've done a lot for Scotland though, I'll give them that.

ggspn
8th Apr 2008, 16:27
GSM were the sole reason I left my job, looking back on it - I'm thankful.

I don't care what they bring to Scotland, they brought me (and a lot of other people) misery.

I didn't get knocked back from a job, I didn't apply!

Why would I care what they're "firsts" are? I'm guessing you're an employee that feels threatened when someone talks badly about your airline - that's your issues, not mine.

GSM aren't as bad as they used to be but I've had family suffer from their long delays in the past and I've had nothing positive from them. If they're "not a bad airline" then why have they had bad press and 2 features on Watchdog?

I don't think owning (or leasing) 787's make you a good airline. Do you?

If I were you I would have picked a better month than September, September isn't a good month for aviation. :rolleyes:

Why do you care? If you don't like what I say you can ignore me.

ggspn
8th Apr 2008, 18:08
Indeed.

Has the EDI-FAO departed yet or is TDA still tech? ;)

diesel36
8th Apr 2008, 18:27
Pass the compliments on, like they care anyway

and they will keep on giving people misery, You think people will come back, they always do, I beg to differ, i know plenty who wouldnt touch them again.

I like to keep spreading the word at man how bad they are and dont travel with them under any circumstances, plenty of others going where they go..

Oh and september before you start, yes bitter is the word and so are a lot of my friends.., they treat people like s**t.

and we have seen it first hand believe me, Thankfully we are all on to a lot better things now getting treated properly.

sooner they leave for scotland and dont come back the better

CravenDick
8th Apr 2008, 19:26
Groundrat - Stuart
W Cdr Gibson - Martin
ggspn - Steve

:rolleyes: I got told about this and I signed up to say yer wrong but after reading some of the nonsence here I've realised I don't want to turn into the kinda guy who can't live outside of work after his shift.

Whatever saddo :cool: