PDA

View Full Version : Record Time to Complete Training?

TwoTone-7
30th Jan 2008, 18:33
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking modular. How long and whats the quickest time one can complete the full training from 0 hrs to all licenses and ready to apply for jobs or do FI course etc.

How quick it is humanly possible would also help. :ok:

Philpaz
30th Jan 2008, 18:46
Heard of someone doing it in 8 months before but that was in the US where weather wasn't as much of a factor.
Doing the flying isn't the major time constraint if the moneys there, its GS that will be your main issue, depending on how well you can absorb the info etc...

TwoTone-7
30th Jan 2008, 18:49
Yep, timings required for JAR ATPL. Hour build in US is OK. :}

AlphaMale
30th Jan 2008, 20:03
Think somebody mentioned on here a guy (a clever one at that) completed his ATPL exams in less than 3 or 4 months from hard revision full time and doing the brush up course.

So I guess a month for PPL, 4 months for ATPL exams, add a month for hour building and then 3 months for Multi-IR and CPL.

So modular can be quicker than Integrated and a hell of a lot cheaper too :ok:

Are you looking to break the record by any chance TwoTone-7?

will fly for food 06
30th Jan 2008, 20:08
Hey.
I completed PPL in 4 weeks. Exams took 6 months. Cpl took 4 weeks and IR took 5 weeks. All in the uk. I did not need to do any hour building though.

TwoTone-7
30th Jan 2008, 21:48
Thinking about it Alpha Male. Trouble is, spent so long researching integrated and am also accepted at two FTO's but with start dates going to Sept.

Not too sure how the whole modular system works. :}

AlphaMale
31st Jan 2008, 00:06
Not too sure how the whole modular system works.

Aiming to start my PPL+Night in June/July then study ATPL exams straight away (giving it 12 months) then in June/July '09 I'll start my MEP/Multi-IR/CPL which takes 3 months so I'm hoping I'd have finished my training by end of Sep '09 (14/15 months from 0-fATPL), Integrated takes 60 weeks at FTE so not much difference.

If I don't manage to find a job I'd be more than happy to do the FI route ready for year 2010 (seems so far away though).

If you're not sure how the modular system works I'm shy away from making timescales for a while ;)

TwoTone-7
31st Jan 2008, 08:42
Well I am ready to start from March 1st.

ABout shying away from modular. I dont suppose it is rocket science to figure the sturcture. Who are you doing the GS with?

I'm wondering whether it is possible to do the whole lot in 10 months or humanly impossible?

AlphaMale
31st Jan 2008, 09:39
Well I am ready to start from March 1st.

About shying away from modular. I dont suppose it is rocket science to figure the sturcture. Who are you doing the GS with?

No it's not rocket science - just wish the weather was as easy to predict.

If you're starting your PPL in March we'll probably be getting our fATPL around the same time.

I'll be doing my ATPL's with Bristol Ground School, I'll be working full time through my studies so I'm leaving a 12 month window to complete them, this means MEP/IR/CPL training in the summer so possibly less time delays caused by bad weather.

jemax
31st Jan 2008, 09:50
I did heli, all in the UK, never flew before I started,

First flight 20th Aug 04, PPL test 7th Oct, with a weeks summer holiday.

ATPL's through Bristol and Hourbuilding, passed 3rd May 05 (7 months study total), no retests fortunately, CPL training started 29 Jun 05, passed 5th Aug 05. 11 half months total. Bit more hourbuilding, FI started 9th Nov 05, passed 1st Dec 05. So 15 half months total to FI.

That was pretty full on and I didn't have a full time job. With hindsight I possibly could have shaved a couple of months off, but might have risked not being so prepared in exams.

lc_aerobatics
31st Jan 2008, 10:09
I'm pretty sure that Will Curtis holds record in UK , from zero to FO in 6 months.

:cool:

TwoTone-7
31st Jan 2008, 11:11
6 months! He must be doing GS during sleep and hoprfully not the other way around! :E

No seriously, is that true? :)

CraigyD
15th Mar 2008, 14:58
Hi all,

I have finally been offered a place as a police officer with Surrey Police (Almost a year to the day after passing selection!) so I will be working shift paterns of 4 on 3 off I believe. I plan to start flight training next summer (after finishing my police basic training). I have made a (slow!) start to the ppl gs already and hope to have a few exams under my belt before I start. I was just wondering what people think about the following time scale I have set myself and if I am being realistic:

ppl - 3 months
atpl gs - 12 months
hour build - 5 months
cpl + mep - 4 months
ir - 4 months

Cheers!

Craig