PDA

View Full Version : lights off, lights on, i'm coming!.

darrylj
29th Jan 2008, 14:08
hello there,..:confused:

when an aircraft is waiting to come to stand, i sometimes see they switch their undercarriage lights off, & then back on again when on the move again.

is this a in place procedure, or just a sign to us on the ground, in the tugs sitting wondering, deciding if we should cross or not..:p

thanks everyone.

:ok:

BOAC
29th Jan 2008, 14:34
Not sure what 'undercarriage lights' are unless you mean the nosewheel light? Basically all lights other than position and anti-coll should normally be off when stationary.

darrylj
29th Jan 2008, 14:46
you got it!, i meant the nosewheel light.

thanks.

clifftop
29th Jan 2008, 18:50
QUOTE:

hello there,..:confused:

when an aircraft is waiting to come to stand, i sometimes see they switch their undercarriage lights off, & then back on again when on the move again.

is this a in place procedure, or just a sign to us on the ground, in the tugs sitting wondering, deciding if we should cross or not..:p

thanks everyone.

:ok:

No offence mate but if you are "in the tugs sitting wondering..."

Do you require some training?!:eek:

Maude Charlee
29th Jan 2008, 21:57
-Thanks but already answered.-

It does however seem to be universal that all operators switch off the taxi lights as they turn in to their parking stand. Where the a/c is being marshalled onto stand, a 'flash' of the lights is usually used as an acknowledgement that the pilot has seen the marshaller and the lights will then be turned off.

Geezers of Nazareth
30th Jan 2008, 09:00
Is there ANY chance you lot will read the previous posts before blurting out repeats? We have enough of this *** on the BA 038 thread.

If you (me included) are standing at the head of the stand waiting for the aircraft to come to a stop, it is very annoying to find that they leave the lights on, and you get dazzled or blinded by them.

darrylj
30th Jan 2008, 13:04
clifftop, we weren't trained on that bit.

was never covered.
we're on our own on that bit.

Funderblaster
30th Jan 2008, 13:41
Is there ANY chance you lot will read the previous posts before blurting out repeats? We have enough of this *** on the BA 038 thread.

Also we turn them off when stationary and also when facing another aircraft that is also taxying as not to dazzle them !