PDA

View Full Version : Robbery at Airways Park

ByAirMail
29th Jan 2008, 13:04
Robbery at Airways Park.
Believe there is a Memo being circulated to staff with detail regarding the robbery of the bank (Standard Bank I believe it was) saying the armed robbers got away with a substantial amount.
IS THIS THE BRANCH INSIDE AIRWAY PARK????

LongJohnThomas
30th Jan 2008, 21:08
I dont see anyone making a fuss about robbery in SA now, do i?:=
Funny thing eh?:eek:
Have fun guys:ok:

GroskinTheFlyer
30th Jan 2008, 22:41
LJT neither to do i. I once had a most horrible experience in the hands of armed robbers in J'burg and its gonna take a strong will for me to go there again.

Beta Light
31st Jan 2008, 02:50
Yes, the bank in Airways Park was robbed. Also on the news was a teacher in Fourways was shot and killed in front of the school. The news reported the school kids witness the shooting but "luckily non of the children was killed". How about the trauma to the kids???? We had less trauma fighting in Angola then a school kid in "the rainbow nation"

Shrike200
31st Jan 2008, 08:15
LJT, I believe the reason this is being posted as 'abnormal', or something out of the ordinary run-of-the-mill robberies, is that it supposedly took place inside the main SAA building in Airways Park. Hence the surprise. If I understand your query correctly...

ByAirMail
31st Jan 2008, 09:00
it supposedly took place inside the main SAA building in Airways Park

(Supposedly – have now been confirmed)
Yes, there were 3 high profile murders just in Waterkloof alone on the weekend, but this is not news worthy anymore in a country that has become desensitized to crime

. It is the fact that this robbery was INSIDE the building that make it so worrisome to us as Star Alliance partners.

thincatblue
31st Jan 2008, 09:25
Welcome to Africa - remeber 2010 soccer world cup is just around the corner! - so book now to avoid disappointment and while the power is still on :ugh: