PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth IR Feb exams

borjaracing
29th Jan 2008, 09:27
Hi guys

I was wondering if any of you are attending the ground course at Bournemouth for next Feb exams. I´m coming from Spain and don´t even have a place to stay :uhoh: . And, because my budget has gone flying choppers, I will be on foot. I have been told that getting in and out from the airport is a pain in the butt, so I will be more than happy to share costs with anybody rich enough to have a car.
We also could organize a study group, maybe....

Thanks for your answers, safe flying!!

Borja

p.s. If you happen to see a bad-looking spaniard hithching in the Bournemouth area, please take him a long, he is not a bad guy after all :O

HappyFran
29th Jan 2008, 09:43
There are a couple of schools at Bournemouth Airport that do IR. Not sure which one you will be attending.
I am at BCFT doing ATPL theory, there are quite a few students who are staying in digs , B&B and even a Caravan. I should not think it to much of a problem if you do not have transport as there is a very good chance that you could buddy up with someone.
With regard to accomodation, if you haven't already done so, contact the School as they will be able to help.
Any further help, will be glad to assist
:):)

borjaracing
29th Jan 2008, 09:54
Thanks very much indeed Frank.

I will be doing the IR with Roger Henshaw at GTS. I pre-booked with the Hawaiian hotel in town. I´ve heard about the caravan site at the threshold of rwy 26/08 and sounds cool!, but I don´t know who to contact to arrange it. That would save me from hitching :}.

One other thing. If anyone will be driving to Gatwick for the exams on the 11th, I´m happy to share the petrol cost with him/her.

Hope we can have a beer down there to celebrate some good results :ok:

Borja