PDA

View Full Version : Airport briefings

Olendirk
28th Jan 2008, 15:05
Guys

appreciating your experience with the following airports: high or low on profile, atc, sequensing, approaches, runways normally in use.

BIO(bilbao)
Bucarest
Katowice
Bologna
Sofia
Nice

thanks guys, appreciate your help!

OD

airseb
28th Jan 2008, 16:05
so:
nice (nce) is a catB recon airfield. high terrain to the north, wind turns around on very short finals (150') and water all around it. and the worst is that because of all the rich people that live under ils course, there is a special procedure (RIVIERA 04L). a Vor dme on a 356 axis and a visual manoeuvre to align on the axis. But the good part is that when it's good weather (often down there) you can ask for a visual approach around the bay (depending on your company sop). beware of the hotspot: crossing of landing runway to taxi for take off)

bucharest (otp). nothing really particular. the first alternate is very close so the weather is exactly the same.

Bologna (blq). very high terrain to the south. they keep you high italian style. then it's banzai interception of the loc and the ils. but another good opporunity for a visual approach. frequent gpws alarms when circling to rwy 12.

seb

Swiss118
30th Jan 2008, 10:07
Hi

I need all your informations and experience with atc, approaches, runways and more helpfull things from Sao Paulo Guarulhos SBGR.

Thank you!

Always three greens!

Steve

None
1st Feb 2008, 00:07
Steve,

If you are inclined, please send me a PM. My guide is about 8 pages long.