PDA

View Full Version : 43 Air school south africa

Irish26A
28th Jan 2008, 13:16
Does anyone have past experience with 43 Air School in South Africa or has heard anything good or bad about training there.

Oveur
28th Jan 2008, 14:18
I'm just back from an interview with them. Its a pretty impressive set up.

No idea if I've been accepted or not though.

*fingers crossed*

KeithTo
28th Jan 2008, 17:13
This is the Sigmar course ye?

Irish26A
28th Jan 2008, 19:34
no going there direct

Ginger 1
29th Jan 2008, 18:34
Hey guys,

I am currently one of the Sigmar Cadets in 43 Airschool in Port Alfred. Briefly, the training on offer here is very good. The flying side of it is taken care of by good instrutors and overseen by an excellent CFI. The ground school which is a mixture of distance learning with Bristol Ground School and on site ground school here on base is comprehensive and every effort is made to support you in your studies. In regards to coming here directly beware of the issues regarding converting your SA CPL into a European equivalent. Also the JAA school here is seperate from the South African system and as such you will be unable to receive a JAA licensce from attending the school direct. If you have any questions or queries relating to the course give me a shout.

Later

hanlem1
30th Jan 2008, 11:43
Hi there can you give me any insight to the radar test. I am a little anxious about it.:confused:

Oveur
30th Jan 2008, 12:37
Its grand. Just give yourself 3 hrs max to do it and try to be fresh

tomshepherd
4th Mar 2008, 08:46
Hello there

just wondered if you still would like info on 43 air school? I was a student there last year and can probably answer any questions that you have.

Tom

gravity08
23rd Apr 2008, 18:00
hiya lads,
I'm looking into going here for my studys. I'm based in dublin and these guys seem to have what I'm looking for... either that or waterford have a good course too. any advice would be greatly appreciated. there is also a cheaper option with priacademy in canada but they do distance learning for the atpls and i would need a classroom environment me thinks

please help lol:confused:

tomshepherd
24th Apr 2008, 08:37
Hi

Just to say that the ground school is great at 43. 2 hours per week day and additional help is available. Everyone there can speak English which is also useful. I haven't been anywhere else and at 43 they give you everything that you need to help you study.

gravity08
24th Apr 2008, 11:00
hi tom,

are there any hidden costs or extras??
i have the full amount required (im doing it through sigmar - its 95k)
but **** all else lol

what sort of spending money did you bring and was it sufficient?

oh an most importantly!! are you working now lol?

Oveur
27th Apr 2008, 12:13
Hi gravity, I'm starting in 43 through sigmar in may. From chatting with the rest of the guys down there, 75 to 100 euro p/w is plenty. You can get away with not spending any money some weeks if you're short.

But I'd imagine it would be hard to say no to a few beers after a good days flying :ok:

MilesDavis
27th Apr 2008, 16:53
Excellent school, was very happy there. Left in June 2007.

I miss the Snorting Grunter, so many great nights.

nibs2007
28th Apr 2008, 18:19
Hi All

Is 43 any good for hour building and do they offer any HB packages as couldn't seem to find any links on their website.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Nabeel

hanlem1
9th May 2008, 08:54
Hi there I passed the interview and waiting on the medical.Naturally I am now a little anxious over the amount of money I am spending and the massive life change I am about to go through.Can you tell me from your experience or any of your friends experience how hard or easy it is to get a job after this course. Dont get me wrong Im up for it and cant wait.;)