PDA

View Full Version : Jar - Fcl Cpl [a] I/r

d192049d
28th Jan 2008, 07:40
Hypothetical situation] So I have my shiny new JAR - FCL CPL [A] I/R and 350 hours , ish....can anybody give any guidance on my immediate employment prospects within the UK. Salary estimates would be a bonus...

I am not looking to springboard into the Airlines, think that would be boring...more the air taxi, charter market. Small twins, that sort of thing.

Some background...I am 43 with a JAR - PPL [A] and 180 hours...want to leave the rat race and do something I love and get a decent return to help keep the wolf from the door. Just want to know whether I would be employable at the end of the day.

Thanks all....

Mike

Greg2041
30th Jan 2008, 08:49
Sorry, I don't really know but I am hoping to work towards your ideal and will be 45 by then. I have taken some advice from some so-called insiders who say that they are increasingly valuing age over youth - as long as you don't work for Titan!

My gut reaction is that if you have the determination to succeed and you're a likeable sort of person with good communication skills, then you will make it - assuming there are vacancies!

Being cynical, I also suspect that networking is another key factor but I will leave it up to the experts to comment on that........

Good luck!

d192049d
30th Jan 2008, 11:51
Greg, thanks for the reply...are you going for the ATPL or CPL?

Ditto on the best of luck...

Greg2041
2nd Feb 2008, 21:03
Definitely ATPL route via CATS. Will be starting my PPL in March. God willing!