PDA

View Full Version : what do i need to do?

nijacitizen
27th Jan 2008, 22:32
Ok, I'm a 25 yr old nigerian male who just recently graduated from college, and I'm very much interested in returning home and, if not fly, at least work in the aviation industry! I've spoken to innumerable number of peoples about the step(s) i need to take in order to facilitate my transition. I've gotten so many different responses from so many people that i'm beginning to rethink things. Is there anyone out there who knows, in direct and precise details, the steps (1,2,3,...) i need to take to safely transition back to nigeria? I posses an FAA commercial multi with a little bit of turbine time! Thanks for your help!

Gooneybird
27th Jan 2008, 22:42
Are you instrument rated? Are you current? Before you leave the USA have a fresh medical and IR renewal.

My advice, just start applying for work.

fluffyfan
28th Jan 2008, 06:37
nijacitizen I dont want to sound funny, but you dont seem too sure if you want to fly or not.

I would say a pre-requisite to becoming a comercial pilot is having a passion for aviation and wanting to do nothing else, its a lot of work, constant training its not the glamour people think and the pay is not wonderful its ok but if if you want to be rich dont look at becoming a pilot.

As I said not trying to funny but you dont seem sure, and if you are not sure then its going to be hard for you, if I have read you wrong then I appologise and good luck, if you really want to fly you will figure out what steps to take.

5N-OSA
28th Jan 2008, 11:19
I Would have to agree with fluffy, flying IMHO is in the blood, if u are really intrested u would see urself moving in that direction.I should say though that there are no clear cut steps what worked for others might not work for you, i suggest u get minnimum qualification then shot in all directions, Best of luck.

NaijaNinja
29th Jan 2008, 19:02
nijacitizen,

I would like to say i can relate to what you wrote despite the somewhat unhelpful responses you've received bar one.

As a Nigerian, you are probably conscious of the difficulties involved in getting a job in an airline in Nigeria; which in my opinion can be a case of 'who you know'. 'Who you know' certainly helps and if you lack that extra feature in addition to your qualifications, then you will be looking at a snail-paced process to secure a job!

Like the only positive reply you've had so far in this thread, make sure you have the qualifications and get your a*** down to Lagos where its DEFINITELY happening.

In my opinion, if a dog has the qualification, an airline would consider you here, there's a dearth right now cos the tingods are dying! Lots of bullies out there!

GroskinTheFlyer
30th Jan 2008, 17:46
Nija Ninja Check ur pm.i dey UK