27th Jan 2008, 07:14
Smoking is injurious for job!!!

bad_attitude
27th Jan 2008, 07:56
you said it bro!:ugh:

DesiPilot
27th Jan 2008, 09:41
for those of you who are wondering what is this all about read

http://www.mid-day.com/web/guest/news/mumbai/article?_EXT_5_articleId=938499&_EXT_5_groupId=14

An FO took the pics and showed it to company management, in the pics, the CA was smoking away. The FO also threatened to sell the pics to media.

masalama
28th Jan 2008, 05:53
I can guess what's going to happen now...
DGCA issues CAR no. 001 of 2008 ...rules for filming illegal acts of captains on board.hehehe
on a more serious note, it happens everywhere and I wish guys would just control the habit , I mean can't you wait for a couple of hours to light up ...hats off to the co-pilot but selling the story hmmmmm...
masalama.

av8r76
29th Jan 2008, 02:04
Hats off to the co p who himself lights up in the cockpit and has failed a preflight BA.

There is a process to follow when grievances need to be addressed. First request the captain to butt out. If that leads you nowhere, refer problem to your CP and so on so forth.

Don't get me wrong, whistle blowers needed to keep things in check but blow it only when all options have been exhausted..

Al Fakhem
29th Jan 2008, 04:57
I like this bit:

“Safety is not a concern to passengers since Boeings are used on international flights where the aircraft is divided into smoking and non-smoking zones,” she informed.

I was - until today -unaware that Spice Jet flew international routes. Moreover: I have a hard time recalling any airline that allows smoking on board at all.

Seem like the quoted "spokesperson" does the usual thing nowadays and talks utter rubbish that has absolutely not bearing on the specific issue, which is smoking in the cockpit. I sometimes suspect "spokepersons" are employed for their low IQ that will guarantee they never say anything of consequence.

getsetgo
3rd Feb 2008, 08:54
:}taking pictures in sterile area is prohibited by the central govt.
prior clearance is required from dgca.

punishment can be minimum 500/-rs+ 6 months jail .

negligence of duty or insubordination to the capt ..........
company and DGCA can take there action.

:confused::confused::confused:

adventurism can be injurious to health wealth happiness.

good CRM would have been to take capt"s permission for a big smile with cigar in hand.:ok: