PDA

View Full Version : Failing a Class 1 ????

Wing_man
26th Jan 2008, 11:09
I have searched the forums but have not found a concrete answer.

If I was to fail my initial class 1 medical (hope not!)

but would Pass a class 2

Would the CAA issue me with a class 2 medical instead?

Hope you guys can help

:ok:

JONNY99
26th Jan 2008, 14:59
You could definitely apply for a class 2 after failing your class 1, not sure whether they'd automatically give you a class 2 cert. there and then if you meet the class 2 requirements but not class 1 but don't see why not.

Comanche250
27th Jan 2008, 11:42
If you fail class 1 requirements but meet class 2 they automatically offer you a class 2.

C250.

TelBoy
27th Jan 2008, 20:05
You will not necessarily “fail” your class 1. There might be things that need investigation for example. If things are outside “limits” then you know what you have to get to and see if you can do it.

The Major failing point is eyesight and colour vision. Not a lot you can do about those, but you could download the CAA extended eye examination data sheets before hand and see an optician with them – give you a pretty good idea.

In reality – don’t panic, most averagely fit person will be able to get a class 1. Enjoy the day – odds are you will meet some great like minded people at Aviation House that are just as nervous as you – and will come away with a very un inspirational piece of paper with Class 1 written on it the same as you!!