PDA

View Full Version : Korean Airlines Employment

xXmuffin0manXx
26th Jan 2008, 08:27
I've seen the other threads about kal employment and how
you have to be employed through crew leasing companies..
but then i heard that kal use to conduct their own
cadet programs..so how does this work out?

also..is the cabin crew of kal leased from leasing companies as well?

thanks for your time

lovezzin
28th Jan 2008, 22:56
KAL do have a cadet training scheme...whats more it is FREE...like the good old days in the UK with BA etc. However, you MUST be korean for that and have gone to a particular Univeristy there and completed a particular degree. KAL generally hire foreign pilots through agencies and its no use applying to them directly.

xXmuffin0manXx
29th Jan 2008, 03:51
hey..do you have the site whre all this info is ?

if its in korean its okay..coz i am korean :P

thanks

blueoreas
1st Feb 2008, 01:15
Hello. I got hired directly by Korean air. I do not have Korean citizenship but I was born in Korea and I speak and read Korean.

Currently, Korean air does not operate cadet program anymore. Instead, they are hiring 1000 hour plus pilots with University degree under 40 years old with CPL MIFR with ICAO English rating level 4 or up. All the hiring process is done in Korean. and since this is for the local Korean guys, they do not provide tickets nor accommodation. About half of the applicants were from USA and Canada. No one was competing for each other but the success rate is not that great considering there was no competition. They are hiring but not too desperate right now. Interview questions weren't that bad but if you haven't flown a jet or studied ATPL stuff (not FAA or TC - these wouldn't help - too easy) it is quite hard.

You can apply though

http://kr.koreanair.com and click recruit.

Good luck

rj274
7th Mar 2008, 20:05
Last night I sent an inquiry to KAL customer service through the website telling them I was a U.S. pilot on the 747-200 but had extensive crj/glass PIC and over 7,000 total time. This morning I received a reply recommending I mail a resume/CV to the HR department in L.A. Not that this means anything at all, keep in mind I don't speak Korean and this was just an inquiry in to starting the application process, but should I decide to follow through and send my info. wouldn't that be considered circumventing the contract personnel companies?

blueoreas
8th Mar 2008, 14:57
It never hurts to try.

but, KE HR department in Korea doesn't do oversea recruiting. Not yet anyways. Couple of my friends have 777 type rating didn't get a response. And customer service people doesn't really know about this so they referred you to the HR in LA who also have no idea on this.

But you can try and see what happens.

rotar
10th Mar 2008, 21:44
I tried dealing with Korean air directly- no luck they gave me contact detals for rishworth.

SRS
9th Apr 2008, 23:50
I hear from a friend of mine in class that all through training you are not allowed to leave the country. In fairness he says the Airline is great, but 2 - 3 months without seeing family!!:(:(

Manuel52
22nd Apr 2008, 01:24
im from gulfstreamair, and about a month ago there was a meeting with korean air about them sending some of there pilots to come to train here. I at first thought they were coming to recruit pilots but it turned out it was a meeting :{ I havnt herd of the outcome yet??