PDA

View Full Version : M1 Visa wait time

frert
26th Jan 2008, 01:30
I'm due to start a course at OBA in early/mid March. I have approximately 4 weeks to get my M1 visa. If I do not get it in time then I will just postpone the start of the course, but I don't really want to do that.

The reason why I'm worried about not getting it in time is that my passport is out of date which means I am not yet able get my TSA application underway, which means I can't get an I-20 and book an interview. My new passport should be with me next friday and I'll get cracking with the applications then.

Can anyone please tell me how long it takes to get the visa, from start of application to receiving your passport with the visa?

Will it be possible to get the visa in 4 weeks?

The current visa processing time in Dublin is 2 days which I'm guessing is how long it takes to receive your passport after your interview. Not sure how long the waiting time for the interview is.

Anyone with any helpful info, please reply.

mcgoo
26th Jan 2008, 02:06
It depends when your embassy appointment is, it takes about 3/4 working days after the embassy visit to receive your passport back by the courier.

Sometimes the appointment waiting list is a few days to over a month, call the embassy and see and then add the 3/4 days to receive it back and that should give you a date.