PDA

View Full Version : Advice and words of wisdom -

Wing_man
24th Jan 2008, 17:12
Hey guys,

Im relitivley new to the forums but like I have said before I am impressed with the knowlage and experience people here offer. Anyway lets cut to the chase...
I have recently graduated from university gaining a 2.1 in Aerospace BEng. (Yes i know i should have applied during my Alevels for sponsorship!).
I am currently working for a majour airline in the engineering dept due to my degree but have always wanted to be a professional pilot.
I am booking my class 1 medical tomorrow (any help regarding preperation for this would be appreciated).
Anyway I am starting lessons in Febuary (weather pending!) with the companys flying club to gain a JAR PPL, with night ratings and so forth. (My own money)
However long it takes (a year hopefully) and depending weather I pass a class 1 medical I am unsure what to to next?
Any advice and POITIVE words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

Kindest of regards

Craig :ok:

SpamFritters
25th Jan 2008, 00:07
No advice...
But I wish you the best of luck.:cool:

A and C
25th Jan 2008, 15:16
I will take a guess that you are about to start flying at BAFC, if this is so you are about to fly with one of the best training establishments in the UK.

Wing_man
25th Jan 2008, 16:28
Sadly its not BA, but never the less one of the biggest travel and tourism groups in the world.
I personnaly feel That I would try to acheive a CPL as I progress in my current carrer, since:

a) It is a case of who you know and not what you know (trust me I have seen it)

b) It seems (financially) the best way

c) I am in a far better position this way of getting to know the right people

d) if everything falls through at least im not left with a massive debt and still left with a job that pays well

Would anyone disagree with this? :confused:.

AlphaMale
25th Jan 2008, 17:59
Would anyone disagree with this?

Sounds good to me - No point in risking your well paid job if you don't have to. I'll be taking 4 weeks off work for my PPL this summer then after finishing my ATPL exams I'll be finishing with my current employers to carry out the Multi-IR/CPL and then apply for the jobs ... And hope I get somewhere :bored:

Good luck
(trying to figure who offers what your doing in our area)

FlyingIsFun
25th Jan 2008, 18:22
At your age I would definitley agree with your plan of action. Take your time.

Wing_man
26th Jan 2008, 11:13
Cheers for that, I think a common sense approach is best and I can build relationships with the "right" people.