PDA

View Full Version : Airline Interview and Type Rating!

markstevens
24th Jan 2008, 12:35
Hey…!!
If anybody can guide me hear I would hugely appreciate it. I'm very close now to finishing my pilot training and within the next couple of months will start to apply for airlines. I have many questions but not going to blurt them all out in this one thread.

I must be honest, I have absolutely NO idea what to expect at an interview. By this I mean what should I expect and be ready for, what should I put together in my mind to prepare myself for the interview? And the Sim, is this fundamentally based on your initial IR? After completing an initial IR is there anything I need to worry about when undergoing the Sim check?

Also lastly can I ask, all those that have completed their Type Ratings recently - I wanted to know, how long from day1 of starting it to completion was it on average and how much in total would you be expected to pay for it all? (As in gross - type, accommodation, food, uniform etc, etc)

I'm sorry if I'm reiterating myself with these questions I new you all have probably read and answered these type of questions before. But if anyone could help me, I thank you in advance :-)

M