PDA

View Full Version : BMI Recruiting?

TwoTone-7
22nd Jan 2008, 17:36
Hi Guys,

Now inviting application for low houred pilots on the website. Thought the hold pool was large with many swimmers? :}

SpamFritters
22nd Jan 2008, 17:41
have they not been inviting pilots to apply online for ages anyway?

And there is no status change on the pilot jobs network page =)

My 2ps worth..

SinBin
22nd Jan 2008, 17:50
As far as I know, hold pool is full nothing until later in the year. Mind you that was a Xmas time when I last spoke to the resource manager in the crewroom.

Things are changing so quickly at the moment at bmi so might be worth a shot.

TwoTone-7
22nd Jan 2008, 17:51
Will post link when I get home. This is what I copied to my comp earlier. Page was only updated 2 days back;

-----------------

Thank you for choosing to apply for the position of Pilot at bmi.

Please be aware that bmi does not offer any Cadet Sponsorship Schemes nor do we carry out any ab-initio flying training. We only employ fully qualified pilots.

Any questions as regards ab-initio training should be made directly to any reputable Flying Training Organisation.

You are about to start the application process but before selecting proceed, please consider the following:

Our basic requirements are as follows:

Air Transport Pilots Licence (or frozen ATPL) (UK and JAA)

100 hours PIC

Valid Multi-Engine Instrument Rating

MCC credit or valid MCC exemption granted by CAA

Completed theoretical knowledge requirements of ATPL instruction on an approved course

Class 1 Medical

The ability to work and reside in the EU

Under 65 years of age (our current retirement age is 65 due to European airspace regulations)
The ability to provide full and accurate reference information covering the last 5 years
Please note that if you hold a European National JAA licence, you will have to exchange it for a UK JAA licence before you start with us.

By selecting proceed to application you are declaring that all information submitted will be true to the best of your knowledge and that you understand the following statement.

Under the Aviation and Maritime Security Act 1990, it is an offence to make a false statement in any documentation submitted, including this application.

-----

Any thoughts? :E

TwoTone-7
22nd Jan 2008, 17:53
Thanks sinbin - no news of the buses to be delivered?

Kempus
22nd Jan 2008, 18:00
mmm, hope thats good news for us in the pool! last update was June that TR's may start again! I'm at the back of the pool so I'm hoping for Sept! Fingers crossed eh! :ok:

SinBin
22nd Jan 2008, 18:12
No idea I'm afraid!

MrHorgy
22nd Jan 2008, 22:13
http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/about-bmi/recruitment/cabin-crew-recruitment.aspx

Buried in Cabin Crew Recruitment - click on "Pilot Positions".

BMI have just updated their website, you'll notice clicking on that link takes you to an external HR type affair where you can apply. My money's on they are trying to build up a pool of applicants, and not recruiting for any specific roles, as they would probably be more widely advertised. They also don't discern between applicants, and seem to invite "tenders" from all and sundry.

Horgy

scudbus258
22nd Jan 2008, 22:14
Just been on the web site and can't see the link? Don't want to get too excited but would be great if its true! Would like to see it for myself.

Regards

scudbus258
22nd Jan 2008, 22:17
Just foud it in the cabin crew section. Does anyone know how long it has been there?

assymetricdrift
23rd Jan 2008, 07:56
Not sure how long it has been there for - however, I am filling it in progressively over the course of the next few days.

I do only have one question, with regards to the 5 year referencing. Here's the script for it:

We need to provide full details to cover every day of the past five years of a person's employment, unemployment or educational history.

Therefore we need full history of the past five years including any gaps of more than 14 days. This must include ALL periods of employment regardless of length of service.

.......cont........

Referees CANNOT be any of the following: a relative; a current or former work colleague; an ex-employer; a current employee; living at the same address as you; your doctor, solicitor, teacher or a step-parent.

Now this has confused me - surely the best people to verify that you were in employment would be the ex-companies that you have worked for? Does everyone think about the same as I do and that is that is a glitch in the system? And in which case, shall I just fill in the details with the contact at the company?

Cheers,
AD

MrHorgy
23rd Jan 2008, 10:21
Having been through this process 3 times (yes I still have some hair) I think that list would refer to any personal referee's that would be used for filling the holes between jobs.

Horgy

assymetricdrift
23rd Jan 2008, 13:43
Many thanks MrHorgy. I will continue with filling in the form asap.

3 times? And have you heard anything back from any of those times?

BlueRobin
23rd Jan 2008, 15:42
This is done through Bond running AdaptHR. The system is broadly similar to Flybe's therefore.

Geoff565
23rd Jan 2008, 16:06
I believe it was opened towards the back-end of last week. Fingers crossed it's indicative of some positive movement for those of us in the Pool and, for those wanting to apply. Here's hoping!

Adios
24th Jan 2008, 21:04
I've heard through someone treading water in the hold pool that the re-opening is a mistake due to a technical error. It got his hopes up too! That might explain why it's under the cabin crew section instead of the pilot section. Expect it to be taken down soon and those already submitted might just be ignored. I hope he's wrong.

assymetricdrift
24th Jan 2008, 22:29
Just to confirm what has been said already:

Dear Person X.

Thank you for your interest in applying as a pilot to bmi. Interest in this position has been very high and accordingly, all our assessment centres are fully booked until January 08.

We will however hold your details on our database for a period of 9 months and revert should your qualifications and experience level match our recruitment criteria within that period.

Kind regards

bmi pilot recruitment

It's a glitch. Sadly. So there goes that little morale rise we had yesterday!