PDA

View Full Version : JAA or FAA

newstudentneil
21st Jan 2008, 10:55
JAA or FAA.

I know which is cheaper!!

but which is better for someone wanting to further there education in the future.

AlphaMale
21st Jan 2008, 11:31
JAAor FAA - which is better for someone wanting to further there education

If you want to fly in Europe then it's JAA. If you're looking to further your training to CPL/IR and work in the industry in the EU then you have no choice but a JAA.

JAA PPL will cost you around £6k and the FAA PPL will cost you £4k + accomodation etc. Converting a JAA > FAA is easier than converting an FAA > JAA.

FAA IR is not as difficult as the JAA IR either. I've done the calculations of FAA PPL, IR & CPL then converting the FAA IR/CPL to a JAA IR/CPL and the saving isn't very big at all. Infact if you don't pass everything in minimum time or the AC goes tech you may spend more money :(

Good luck.

youngskywalker
21st Jan 2008, 17:31
Have you done both IR's then?! If you expect the FAA IR to be easy then good luck to you!

AlphaMale
21st Jan 2008, 18:44
FAA IR is not as difficult as the JAA IR either

Your reply:
If you expect the FAA IR to be easy then good luck to you.

No 1 - Where did I say the FAA IR was 'easy'?

No 2 - Are you saying I'm wrong? Is the FAA IR really harder than a JAA IR?

I am only using information I have gathered from both US / UK Instructors that have taught both.

youngskywalker
21st Jan 2008, 21:08
This arguments been done to death on here many times and I can't be bothered, I simply read your statement as "the FAA IR is not as difficult as the JAA IR". Was curious if you could back that up with personal experience.

I don't for one second believe that the FAA IR is harder than JAA, both are different in many ways, but no instrument rating anywhere in the world is easy.