PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Nautical College

Robbo0885
21st Jan 2008, 08:30
Hi all,

I relaise this topic has been covered before, and I have read through previous experiences with GNC, but I was looking for some feedback from styudents with GNC now, or who have recently finished (last few months). Apparently since partnering with Tayside Aviation things have picked up in terms of quality of material? Can anyone there now shed any light on this? I'm looking to do distance learning btw. PM if not wanting to sound like an advert!

Thanks in advance.

Falz
21st Jan 2008, 22:05
Hey Robbo,

I'm currently in Glasvegas as we speak on the resedential course. I'm not sure how much input Tayside has in improving the notes but as one of the instructors is always currently rewriting material it is improving all the time (if you have seen the Bristol Nav notes and then Glasgow's you'll see how much better GNC's are).

If you have heard the old rumour about colour notes then you are in luck, finally we are seeing some colour which makes everything that much better.

Maybe a slight drawback in the Met notes being out of date, they contain more than enough material but that means its too much if you are just going to learn questions :}.

Being here in Glasgow I can't fault the instruction I've been given so far and 5 first time passes and an average at the top end of the 80's can't be faulted. Anymore questions feel free to PM me.

Falz