PDA

View Full Version : How to study at BGS

brs
21st Jan 2008, 02:20
HI

Wrauuu, it is time to open the pretty scary ATPL books from Bristol "wonderfull" groundschool.:)

But, it is my plan to study one subject at a time instead of reading, forexampel 20 pages of NAV and then 30 pages of MET and then go back to NAV again.(the way BGS recommend)

But what subject would you read first and etc etc

best regards

brs
:hmm:

scooby79
21st Jan 2008, 03:00
Just done module 1 with bgs. Great place, very good instructors. I would go with the way they suggest, if you can get through it in a few months and then do the brush up you should be ok. The problem I see with doing it like you want is the first one you read you may have forgotten most of by the time you go to them for the two weeks. If you do want to do it your way I would say do the easier ones first so that the harder ones are a bit fresher when you come to revise. In my opinion the easy ones are IFR & VFR comms, human performance (learn question bank) and mass and balance. Met, Instruments and Gen Nav are quite a handful and flight planning has its moments but is largely about being careful with reading and working stuff out. Don't let it feel too daunting like I did as after the two week refresher it all seems possible.

FlyingIsFun
21st Jan 2008, 04:45
I would stick to their method. They know what they are doing..

Whirlygig
21st Jan 2008, 06:38
I wouldn't. And didn't. Everyone is different.

I found that I was having to refer back too much when changing subjects so I did one at a time starting with HPL, then Air Law, Met, Nav (I have to confess I never even opened the Comms books!!) etc. After going through each subject, I would start on the question bank and that was what kept me up to speed with the sbjects.

Do whatever suits your learning best.

Cheers

Whirls

brs
21st Jan 2008, 13:07
HI Whirlygig (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=65159)

you must have opened the COMM books or else have could you pass the progress tests...

thank to you all,i dont know what methoed i will use

best regards and thank you

brs

Whirlygig
21st Jan 2008, 13:19
I actually did my course with Atlantic Flight Training and progress tests are provided on a separate CD.

AFT study guide suggests the same study method as Bristol and my principle remains the same.

Cheers

Whirls

ariel
21st Jan 2008, 13:51
Whirlygig

Have sent you a PM

ariel