PDA

View Full Version : Recognized school in your opinion

Zitoon
20th Jan 2008, 22:03
Hello !

I am from Belgium and I would like to start Integrated soon. I have information about the following schools: OAT, Cabair, SFA, Hubair.

First, I think it would be better to do my training in UK because:

- there are some of the best schools there. Also UK licence seems to be more recognized by airlines from advice I heard and also from what I red here. :\
- OAT and Cabair join foundation degree to training. I find OAT integrated with foundation degree in aviation management interesting. Good way to complete licence in the same time of Integrated.
- English level would be very high after living overseas
- Disadvantage: course price + Testing and Licence= 63000+4500£ + accomodation,... :rolleyes:

Then, there are two schools in Brussels, not far from home with more interesting price:

-SFA ( 58000£) . The best school in Belgium from what I always have heard. But it seems that not everyone agree with that. What I think good is the total flight hours: 243 hrs (Arizona). Good links with airlines.
-Hubair (63500£) . 215hrs in France and Belgium in all weather conditions. Good links with airlines too as part of CAE.

Sorry, Long text :D I would like to know what you think about the schools, the degree, ...
Wishing you all the Best. ;)
Thank you

SpamFritters
20th Jan 2008, 22:23
:bored:I can only add my thoughts really..

But I think they say to live fairly comfortably whilst at OAT you will be looking at around 80k...

Also take into consideration Flight Training Europe at Jerez.
It is in spain but it is an enligh school.. (ex BA i think)..
All inclusive the fees are around 65k

Zitoon
20th Jan 2008, 22:57
Thank you SpamFritters. :)

FTE is also good I think you are right. One more school to consider. I red €102,418 for the Integrated with accomodation, meals, exams,... 76000£ . Probably cheaper than OAT, but without foundation degree.
FTE: 214 hrs OAT: 225hrs
:cool:

SpamFritters
20th Jan 2008, 23:23
Wowa.. just re-read... were did you get all this about a f. degree?
Never seen that before!!

Sorry re: price... did get it wrong!

Also where did you get the hours from?

Single Engine - 118 hours - Warrior PA28
Twin Engine - 32 hours - Seneca III PA34
Training Device - 8 hours - (FRASCA 141)
Training Device - 40 hours - (FNPT2)
Multi Crew Co-operation (MCC) - 16 hours - (125/800 Jet Sim FNPT2)
Ground school - Approximately 800 hours of classroom instructionI make the fying hours 150... :eek:

SpamFritters
21st Jan 2008, 00:01
I see about the degree now!!
Hmm oat does look better!

moggiee
21st Jan 2008, 10:20
Also take into consideration Flight Training Europe at Jerez.
It is in spain but it is an enligh school.. (ex BA i think)..
All inclusive the fees are around 65k
Not BA but BAE Systems (formerly British Aerospace) Flight training.

BAE Systems sold the school to the management team at the end of 2003. I think it's a good school - but as I used to work there, I might be biased.

Zitoon - remember that the FTE price includes accommodation - make sure that you allow for that when making comparisons.

Zitoon
21st Jan 2008, 12:12
Hey SpamFritters,
I got the hours from websites. You said that you did 150 at FTE?
Foundation degree is good besides training.

Moggiee, Thank you for advice.
I didn't know about BAE. I would like to know because you are working there what are the best points about training at FTE?

SpamFritters
21st Jan 2008, 15:37
Sorry to be misleading if that's how you understood it!
I myself am looking into training schools.. but got it wrong about FTE :ouch:

if it helps I am applying to OAT and hope to get in with them!
PM me if you want to chat on MSN or something =)