PDA

View Full Version : Theory questions on day of JAA CPL skills test?

matrix777
19th Jan 2008, 18:31
Hi Folks,

Will be doing the UK JAA CPL skills test in the next few weeks, weather permitting.

Just wondering if someone can give me a flavour of the theory questions I can expect to be asked by the CAA examiner on the day of the skills test.

Many Thanks.
Matrix777 :)

Nearly There
20th Jan 2008, 10:26
All depends, I know some people who got grilled and others who didnt.
I got asked what my speeds would be for various stages of the flight, are we in limits for M+B, right lets go!

Have a look through this thread

http://www.pprune.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-292844.html

Good luck:ok:

FlyingIsFun
20th Jan 2008, 16:06
My experience was identical to "nearly there".... clarity on speeds for each stage of the flight especially normal approach and glide speeds and a brief check that the planning had been done.

FIF

Rob's Dad
20th Jan 2008, 17:24
Ditto. A brief canter through the days weather, notams, route (there was a notam preventing straight routing so chatted about why chose route I did, heights intending to fly), mass and balance calcs, speeds I intended to use, assymetric procedures (did on a Multi) but all very low key and friendly. Nothing like as intense as the FAA CPL I had done previously! Provided you have done your route and flight prep properly there is nothing to worry about.

VNA Lotus
21st Jan 2008, 01:02
Well it was in France but maybe gives you an idea:

Weather chart, symbols (what is that, and this? and that ?)
Limitations runway (lenght, strenght ? flapless landing ?)
Mass and balance ( well if I take a friend of mine, you take less fuel, so if you can refuel at destination, how much minimum fuel do you have to take...)
- I'd like to carry a snake, what do you do ?
- Why did you chose two alternate airfields and not only one ? huh ?
- TODA ? what is ? are you sure ? and ASDA ?
- can you use the stopway for take off ? why ?

The hardest question for me...
-do YOU have any limitations ?
Errr (what ?) noo (??)
-yes sir, your medical class 1, it could be a restriction.

didnt' think about it :ugh:

matrix777
27th Jan 2008, 13:25
Thanks everone for the replies.

Matrix777 :ok: