PDA

View Full Version : CTC ICP self sponsored funding options

Jay_solo
18th Jan 2008, 10:40
Does anyone know if CTC have any links with local banks for students wishing to fund their training via the new CTC ICP programme? (like a local HSBC branch who are willing to fund pilot training).

gingersam86
19th Jan 2008, 06:58
I think you may struggle, i dont know to much but i think a bank will just laugh in your face, if you walk in and ask for a £60,000 loan. Im pretty sure the branch near CTC would help, as they do it day to day.

Anyone else done/doing the ICP course, would defo like some more info please? As i have applied for both CTC wings and the ICP course.

cheers

gingerboy

Jay_solo
19th Jan 2008, 07:34
I've applied myself and got an assessment day (free of charge as I was a cadet applicant before) ). But I dont think I'll need £61,000 with the hours I have. I am estimating it would cost me approx £30-35K to complete, including accommodation as well.

I also see CTC (NZ) have a sponsored instructor programme, I would like to know if that is only open to NZ residents or citizens, because on the website it does not mention anything about nationality. Any info on this would be great!

Lauren9
6th Feb 2008, 11:44
I got through the iCP assessment day and was told to go to HSBC for the loan. I went and they said if I was on the Wings programme it wouldnt be a problem but because I was on the iCP programme they couldnt help.
I contacted CTC and told them this and after a few weeks they said they had a new contact who was in NatWest. So I tried them and they also said no.
Ive been lucky enough to be able to borrow the money from my parents and I leave for New Zealand next month.
Its really frustrating tryin to get the loan but CTC have told me that they are exploring other options with RBS so hopefully somethin will get sorted soon.

Good luck :)