PDA

View Full Version : Need a push in the right direction

Shauna
16th Jan 2008, 19:36
Ok so ive been pulling my hair from my head trying to decide where to do my integrated training...i have that many brochures and application forms.

My main worry is that im doing 12-18 months training, getting a loan of £60000 and maybe not getting a job at the end of the training.

i have looked through a few posts on the forum and noticed people talking about cabair. It is cabair i was thinking of going to but i received a brochure from Oxford today and now my head is fried trying to decide which is the best place to go in regards to getting a job on completion of training. At the end of the day i will have a £60000 debt looming over my head and potentially no job :ugh:

Has anyone completed integrated training? If so where and how long did it take you to gain employment with an airline?

Shauna
16th Jan 2008, 20:10
One more thing i forgot to mention....

I have 8 GCSEs and no a-levels.....when it comes to the end of my training and beginning of my job hunting will this be frowned upon by some airlines?

CAT3C AUTOLAND
16th Jan 2008, 20:35
You might want to do a search on this topic mate, as it has been discussed on many occasions on these forums.

I think everyone who starts the quest to become an professional pilot has the same concerns in one way or another. However, that said, I am a firm believer in determination and do what ever it takes (not selling your Mum to get that dream job) to fufil your ambition and have a positive attitude. It took me 12 years from the time I got my PPL to land the job I had been working towards most of my life, and I can tell you it was worth the wait and the blood sweat and tears.

With regard to your lack of A-Levels, don't worry about it. As long as you have the licence, the medical and associated ratings that is all that is required.

All the best with it.

maxpower1770
16th Jan 2008, 20:41
I had alot of the same worries as you but now is the best time to start training plenty of jobs floating around , dont worry about not havin any A levels , I left school at 16 and am now flying heavy metal at the end of the day its all based on your aircraft handling skills . Best of luck and dont worry its the best job in the world

Shauna
16th Jan 2008, 20:52
Yeah i have heard that within the next 3 years is the best time to begin training.

I am aiming to begin on the 31st October....reason being i have my own finances to sort out first ie. car finance, credit cards etc.

I am determined to do this and to be honest i am itching to get started.

As for the pre-entry assessment, i left school 5 years ago so my maths and physics are a little rusty.....should i begin looking through my GCSE notes?

pilotincommand
16th Jan 2008, 21:52
At the risk of restarting an old debate, if you are concerned about having £60,000 of debt, why not go modular rather than integrated? You would probably save somewhere in the region of £20,000 and, if you do it in a structured fashion, such as the Cabair AES or Oxford Waypoint, chances are you wouldn't find it any harder to get a job.

The only schemes that carry a virtual guarantee of a job are CTC and the airline-sponsored schemes.

Bearing 123
16th Jan 2008, 22:16
Before spending money with Cabair, read the Cabair thread that is running on here.:=

HappyFran
17th Jan 2008, 08:45
You must visit the schools that interest you.
After checking out 3 or 4 you will be able to sort out the marketing BS:mad: from what they have to offer.
Every wannabee that is in training has an opinion,:hmm: which nearly all are worth reading. They will probably help you get a bit of a flavour for the school.
But you must visit and form you own view....its you opinion that is the most vauable and your money !!

Good Luck
:ok:

Shauna
19th Jan 2008, 17:51
Yeah im arranging to attend the seminars for cabair and oxford within the next few weeks.

Looking to start around october time so i will have to get on the ball in regards to my physics and maths and most of all - funds!

Cheers for the advice :D