PDA

View Full Version : Honest straight forward advice pls...

Irishtjs
16th Jan 2008, 18:41
Hi All,

I'm a 32 y/o male wannabee :eek:and at last I have decided to take the plunge and go for it. I've gotten the Class 1 Med and aim to start Apr/May '08

Q1) Modular route Ab initio USA - Have you done it? Whats was your experience? Can you recommend a decent FTO with decent instructors not hour builders?

Q2) Has anyone experience of taking their spouse to the states on a training visa? Is it possible or is it a separate application? :=

Q3) Is the conversion from FAA to JAA ATPL difficult?

Thks in advance.

T :ok:

dartagnan
16th Jan 2008, 19:41
no, the conversion is easy. flight tests are easier than if you do all your training in europe.

in my class, the ones who struggle, were the guys who did their entire training in UK. for FAA pilots, it was more like a discovery flight or a big review, and 100% pass first time. :ok:

maxpower1770
16th Jan 2008, 20:32
I agree with dartagnan the flying in the U.S is very demanding . Go modular mate that way you are not tied to the same place if you dont like it . Try EFT they have older instructors and they do a conversion in the U.K on the same type planes from wot I hear they are top notch (www.flyeft.com (http://www.flyeft.com)) . As for bringing your misses with you it is fine but she will just have to go as a tourist .

Irishtjs
18th Jan 2008, 03:42
Thanks for the heads up guys