PDA

View Full Version : Working as an Instructor in India

VGOIII
15th Jan 2008, 20:25
I wonder if there is someone reading this forum who might be able to give me some advice.

Im a Flight Instructor and resident in the UK. I have a Flying School that want to employ me in India. The school in India applied to the Home Ministry for my Security Clearence that is required to enable me to fly there.

The application was submitted in April and seems to have got stuck. The flying club have tried calling the Home Ministry on numerous ocassions, but don't even manage to speak to the right person. I have also called them myself, but they don't entertain me the applicant, they just told me to chase through the school.

So I'm looking for some advice from someone who might know how to push for this Security Clearence, or even a company that employ foreigners into India who may even be able to apply for one for me, and I can owe a favour to.

Second question some of you might know the answer to, is I might be eligible for a PIO card since my Mother is originally from India. Not sure yet, will need to find out in office hours. But if I can have a PIO card, does that negate the need for a Security Clearence to fly in India?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

squarecrow
16th Jan 2008, 04:13
Security clearences can take time anywhere around here but sounds like yours has gone under a pile of others on a desk. All I can suggest is to keep on at the School plus why not drop down to the Indian Embassy and ask around regarding this and PIO problem. It may take all day but might help you to do this.

flying_monkey99
16th Jan 2008, 05:46
wondering which school you headed to? not many operational in India at the moment due to aircraft/instructor shortages...

VGOIII
16th Jan 2008, 14:28
Thanks for your replies guys

I'm yet to get anyone to answer the phones at the Indian embassey's with regards the PIO cards. I don't think they employ telephone operators :ugh:.

It's the Bombay Flying Club based in Juhu. They too have the same problem with lack of instructors, so they are keen to get me on the team. Although they don't seem to have much luck in getting past this first step of getting me the Security Clearence.

They also have a problem with where they are located, 3 miles off the extended centreline of the main International Airport. But what they are doing a lot of the time, is shifting the aircraft and students to Baroda and operating out of there. They have recently got a couple more aircraft, so they have around 6 or 7 now I think.

Nevrekar
17th Jan 2008, 11:03
Security Clearance, once submitted can take 30-90 days. Having a POI/OCI does not negate the need for a security clearance. If you have any parent or grandparent of Indian origin you are eligible for the OCI if you have the required proof of such (birth cert,passports). You can apply for the OCI on line initially and then they process the application. It takes around 4 months to get the OCI. Go to any indian embassy website and they will have all the links on OCI, how to apply etc etc. good luck.

VGOIII
19th Jan 2008, 02:44
Thanks again Nevrekar (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=100532), I'll apply for the OCI as my Mother is Indian. Still puts me back to square one with how to push for the Security Clearence though, since I will still need it.

Always Moving
27th Jan 2008, 05:00
9 Months!

May be you should consider just say screw them. If they can not get you a piece of paper and the are the ones who want you, they have a shortage of FI?. Or you are given back to India your mama's country all that knowledge you gather in the far away land.... A bit of sarcasm her but seriously, why are you taking the job if they are jerking you around? or you are being humanitarian

There are other jobs in Asia for FI everyone is in need.

VGOIII
27th Jan 2008, 16:04
It is for personal reasons that I want to move to Mumbai. The Bombay Flying club being there enables me to carry on working in my field.

I've got somewhere with the Security Clearence now. The Home Ministry have said to the flying club that they needed certian other documents. Now I'm just waiting to find out what.