PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Degree?

Safetyman
15th Jan 2008, 14:16
Has anyone got info on where one could do a part time / on line degree in aviation? (Management, Safety, Engineering, etc.)

Any info would be greatly appreciated :ok:

aamandani
16th Jan 2008, 02:52
i am currently getting a degree in aviation from liberty university in lycnburg,virginia. but a good school to do your degree online is utah valley state college. they are the best for online degrees and they have designed the degree program specifically for pilots who are working in the airline and want to pursue a degree. just email me il give u more [email protected]

BarryW
16th Jan 2008, 05:57
I did my Bsc. Aeronautical Engineering at the University of the Witwatersrand.It Included one class on airline management.

I don't think you can do an engineering degree online/part-time.

I think UNISA offers a degree in transportation management which can be done part-time.

Hope that helps.

Safetyman
16th Jan 2008, 09:11
Thanks all for the info, I will look into some of these leads

spice
16th Jan 2008, 11:41
There is a great aviation degree offered in Johannesburg by the Da Vinci institute. It is done part time, every month you attend class on a Friday and Saturday and the rest is done from home. They make it very easy to study and the final degree is internationally recognised. I have their details if you need.

Hornet35
20th Jan 2008, 12:46
Massey University in New Zealand do various aviation degrees which can be done at the campus or online have a degree from them in Aviation Bussines Management which has worked well for me in the Uk check out their website www.massey.ac.nz (http://www.massey.ac.nz)

whiskeyflyer
21st Jan 2008, 07:42
IATA does internationally recognised coarses for airlines online (prices are resonable and they have exam centre world wide)

www.iata.org
click training
and then click self study

a part time degree is very very difficult in any area (I know many who started and stopped. Full time it takes about 4 years)
Beware the degree mills. Good ranking index is
http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/ranking.htm

Best go for coarses that form diploma modules that build up into degrees, so at least if you stop for whatever reason (money, parter, time etc) you have some diplomas.

good luck :D
PS I am also doing part time

18left
21st Jan 2008, 12:29
city university london,has aviation management,safety management courses,they regularly advertise in flight international

Safetyman
22nd Jan 2008, 14:12
Thanks again all!

Spice could you provide me with the details of them?

Ta..

pilotkq777
23rd Jan 2008, 13:57
Hi

London Metropolitan Univesity is where i did a BSc in Aviation management and Operation.

There is also Cranfield University who offer an MA in aviation management.

Pilotkq777