PDA

View Full Version : To Medical or Not to Medical...

CY333
15th Jan 2008, 13:38
Hi all.
I am of to start my GS and was wondering if I need to have the Medical before I try to join a school.
Also do you have to contact the CAA in advance or they have fixed dates.
Thank you all.

HappyFran
15th Jan 2008, 14:17
I am a little confused :confused: if you are starting ground school I assume you have a PPL and therefore at least a Class 2. If integrated then did they not ask / at least recommend you get one ??

The bottom line is if you want to fly planes for real then you will need a Class 2 for PPL and Class 1 for Commercial.

So how sure are you that you would pass the CAA
medical ???

Check out the requirements

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=68&gid=211

Class 1 medical is ~£400 at your stage you may want to consider it as a insurance.

Good Luck

edit: sorry just noticed you are in Cyprus.... but most of above still applies to Greek or (Turkish :oh:) civil aviation.

CY333
15th Jan 2008, 15:22
Thanks but as I have said is that i have not joined a school yet but planning to start next year.
Yes I have a PPL and Class 2 but do i have to to get the Class 1 before I start the GS?

CY333
15th Jan 2008, 15:58
BTW i am from the free area,Cypriot

maxdrypower
15th Jan 2008, 16:30
Slight adjustment , the caa class one is 310 quid for the initial. There have been two recent cases at one large well advertised Uk flying school and one not so large whereby people have passed all 14 exams then failed ther class one . NOt a nice position to be in , get it done before you start

gone till november
15th Jan 2008, 16:33
CY333

Dont spend another penny on your training until you have an "unrestricted" JAR class one in your hand.

I saw one bloke at flying college who did what you are doing and waste the best part of a few grand £STG before he found out he couldnt get one. It was the dumbest thing i've ever seen:ugh:.

I did and renewed my class one years before i got any where an aircraft while i raised the money.

GET YOUR CLASS ONE TOMORROW OR AT LEAST ORGANISE IT ASAP

GOOD LUCK:ok:

bri1980
16th Jan 2008, 06:38
Absolutely agree! Get the class one before you spend any money on professional training of any description! :)

CY333
16th Jan 2008, 09:19
thank you guys