PDA

View Full Version : difference between JAA-FCL & JAA-PPL

newstudentneil
14th Jan 2008, 14:28
after a recent email to Neples Air Centre regarding their PPL course I was asked 'is it the JAA-PPL you want. 'I responded 'no its the JAA-FCL' (thinking that JAA-PPL is the UK national). Neples got back to me and said 'we only do a JAA-PPL which is not a UK national licence.'

I'm really confused now. Does anyone know the difference between JAA-PPL and JAA-FCL?

Many thanks to you all.

Martin1234
14th Jan 2008, 14:43
You are basically taking about the same thing.

A JAA PPL is basically a licence issued in accordance with JAR-FCL, which are regulations made up by the JAA.

jb5000
14th Jan 2008, 15:02
If it helps JAR-FCL stands for Joint Aviation Regulations - Flight Crew Licensing.

So Martin1234 is completely correct, they are the same thing. The UK national licence is called an NPPL, if you want the full PPL then the JAA one offered is the one for you.

newstudentneil
14th Jan 2008, 16:38
Thanks you guys,

NSN

MIKECR
14th Jan 2008, 17:23
The UK PPL was superseeded by the JAA PPL a number of years ago when the UK along with other member states signed up to the JAA.

There is also the UK National PPL, which is basically a PPL with lesser privileges than the full JAA licence. The medical requirements are less stringent which means the NPPL is more accesible to people who otherwise would not be able to attain the full JAA licence.