PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 AMS-MAN

perkin
13th Jan 2008, 20:27
Anyone know if Jet2 have withdrawn their AMS-MAN service? I just attempted to book a flight but its not showing on the website as an option... :bored:

RingwaySam
14th Jan 2008, 02:46
Yes they have. They've cut back quite abit at MAN. I think there will only be 2x B733s based at MAN and the B752s in the Summer.

Looks like you'll have to use KLM or EZY to LPL :\

Curious Pax
14th Jan 2008, 07:41
Not good for commuters - EZY are also going down to 2 3xdaily from LPL on weekdays in the summer, so flights back to LPL depart at 1635 and 2155. Not sure of the KLM prices on MAN originating tickets, but AMS-MAN-AMS leaving around 6pm on a Friday is ludicrously expensive. Would have thought it was tailor made for Flybe to step in, but an enquiring e-mail to them denied any plans to do so (not that they would announce a new route to me first!!). I recall seeing that they were planning a 3x daily service, one a 195 the other 2 with DH4s, but nothing seems to have come of it.

Fortunately I don't commute, so P&O on the Rotterdam-Hull route will be seeing more of me when I do need to head home!

perkin
14th Jan 2008, 08:13
Thanks for mentioning Rotterdam CP...VLM fly to Manc from there, so could be potential. KLM not too bad AMS-MAN if you book early enough (Eur200-250), but I'm likely to be a bit stuffed if they put their prices up...Time to stop this commuting by air rubbish!

I cannot believe Jet2! I have spent thousands with them over the last 3 years (all on the same route as well) and there wasn't so much as an email or a notice at check-in of these cutbacks and not a word on the website until you dig into the timetables or try to book! :ugh:

MrSoft
14th Jan 2008, 09:00
Done it many times with KLM; most flights around £100-125 but you need to stay 2 nights to get these fares. Even going out Friday you'll get a good fare if you can make it to Sunday. Good luck