PDA

View Full Version : 738 Cbt

d2k73
13th Jan 2008, 11:59
Does anyone know where i can get a 737-800 CBT? Due to start a TR on it in the next few weeks and would love to get an early start on it! Any help appreciated!

FCS Explorer
13th Jan 2008, 12:09
...simply ask the people who provide the TR? worked for me.

d2k73
13th Jan 2008, 12:12
Have done about 3 weeks ago and still nothing! I'm down for a cancellation slot so i could be called at any time so i'd like to get it as soon as possible!

Empty Cruise
13th Jan 2008, 12:36
Don't worry - and welcome to RYRland, btw...

You won't need advance knowledge of the aircraft to complete the course successfully - in fact, people who worry tooo much about the technical side of things are frowned upon, as this takes away energy from your primary objective, which is to learn the SOP and how to manage the aircraft via the FMC. That - and that only - is your objective for the course. You're not there to learn how to fly and operate the aircraft, you're there to learn how RYR does its business.

Get your paws on the FMC guide and a RYR SOP and you'll be fine - for said airlines purpose, anyway :E

d2k73
13th Jan 2008, 15:18
any idea where i could get my hands on the FMC guide and a RYR SOP?

porch monkey
14th Jan 2008, 08:10
Look up a company called leading edge libraries. Run by a bloke called Bill Bulfer. He's got a good one. Also has a 737 book you might find useful a bit later on.

28th Jan 2008, 15:45
try cpat as an alternative.

teamilk&sugar
29th Jan 2008, 04:31
You won't need advance knowledge of the aircraft to complete the course successfully - in fact, people who worry tooo much about the technical side of things are frowned upon, as this takes away energy from your primary objective, which is to learn the SOP and how to manage the aircraft via the FMC. That - and that only - is your objective for the course. You're not there to learn how to fly and operate the aircraft, you're there to learn how RYR does its business.

I take it your tongue is placed firmly in your cheek my man...!?

fantomas
29th Jan 2008, 14:51
I would try Avsoft's CBT

I've tried CPat's, but they limit you to 50 hours of use - for $350 US. Avsoft's is cheaper, and they place no time limit on the use of the CBT...

Cheers,

Mark