PDA

View Full Version : Nahco Strike In Los

AVSEC
13th Jan 2008, 09:50
Why was the NAHCO strike only in LOS?
Why were their clients punished for what was basically their management and board of directors fault?
Are Airlines in Nigeria now seeing statutorily provided GHA for what they are,which is inefficient,poorly managed,and organisations to be associated with as minimally as is possible?
Will all airlines operating in Nigeria now concentrate more on developing contractual relationships with more dependable organizations where they have more control over their trained personnel?
Why were only NAHCO clients in LOS selected for punishment?
SAHCOL although not as technologically advanced has not suffered such a strike,so why do they not enjoy the same patronage as NAHCO?
Should the entire board of NAHCO not resign?
Why was a FAAN airport manager sanctioned for a NAHCO problem?
Why did NAHCO staff attack the LOS airport terminal and ramp when it is a FAAN facility and does not belong to NAHCO?
Do NAHCO personnel understand that they are a private company and can be kicked out of Nigerian airports for such acts of misconduct?
Why has the Managing Director and COO of NAHCO not resigned for such display of mismanagement in a company such as NAHCO quoted on the Nigeria Stock Exchange?

Amazing,over here we thought Nigerians had got their act together and that these were all things of the past.

JABAG
13th Jan 2008, 10:37
AVSE,
do you remember the catering company strike in heathrow a couple of years back?
I dont like strikes, but it is mamnagement of a company that needs to sort things out. It will always affect third parties.
You are right though. Both these companies are still below par interms of operational performance to customers.

AVSEC
13th Jan 2008, 10:46
Yes Jabag I remember.
Remember that the catering company's main client was one international UK based airline though,so it did not affect other airlines operating out of LHR.
This one affected all airlines using NAHCO and that is about 75% of the users of MMA LOS.
That is just not acceptable is it mate?

Shunanny
13th Jan 2008, 10:58
Well, what do you expect?
All aviation companies in the country are mandated to use these two handlers, NAHCO and SAHCOL. they are/were parastatals of the Aviation ministries, with the attendant "resourcefulness" of same.

I say, till another fully private handler is allowed to be established, it will be more of the same.
Comparing both of them, Sahcol is a lot better.:eek:

surely not
14th Jan 2008, 04:52
Why does AVSEC always talk such drivel?

Why were only NAHCO clients in LOS selected for punishment?
Hmmmm just guessing of course but might this just possibly be because it was NAHCO that had the strike and not SAHCOL? :ugh::ugh::{

Why were their clients punished for what was basically their management and board of directors fault?

Big statement to make without any corroborating evidence. Why was it the fault of the BOD and Management? Might it not be down to the unrealistic expectations of the workforce? Give some reasons for your claim.

Why did NAHCO staff attack the LOS airport terminal and ramp when it is a FAAN facility and does not belong to NAHCO?

Probably because they lack self discipline or maybe because they felt the action would help their cause. Warped logic I agree, but hey it happens.

Should the entire board of NAHCO not resign?

Why? Maybe they, the BOD, are trying to tackle the over staffing and general inefficiencies that you go on about. Surely it is the staff who are violently resisiting this that should be sacked? Certainly anyone found to have committed acts of vandalism or to have attacked anyone should be arrested and dealt with through the courts.

Hmmmmm I can hear LJT telling me to take a chill pill................

hotmj43
14th Jan 2008, 09:43
Surely Not,
i think it is utter frustration that has pushed the workers to this,my sources tell me, that the management of Nahco refused a conversation with worker representatives,hence this method of approach,which appears to have got all of us talking.
New developments,three airlines that use NAHCO,have put themselves forward as abritrators,which appears to be working.The do have issues,and it is NOT a territory war with FAAN.

AVSEC
14th Jan 2008, 14:38
surely not,we understand that NAHCO has clients in LOS,ABV,PHC,and other stations within Nigeria.
Only LOS clients suffered due to a strike action.
Thats what my drivel statement meant.

surely not
15th Jan 2008, 07:09
Well it isn't what it stated AVSEC old chap :} Clarity is a help when asking others to understand the point you are making.

With the exception of Abuja I doubt that the strike would have had much affect at other stations. At some there are hours of inactivity between flights so it would have been difficult to know if they were striking or not!!