PDA

View Full Version : aerodynamics IR + hour building.

techboy
13th Jan 2008, 08:51
hi,

anyone completed the IR course at Aerodynamics.
The course fee is very resonable, just wondered why? apart from the obvious cheaper fuel.
Also looking to do hour building, what are the aircraft like? reliability/availability.
I also heard that the flight school is located in the city centre of malaga!
Im assuming you have to travel back and forth when taking your lessons for pre/post flight briefings?

thanks

captain_rossco
13th Jan 2008, 09:22
I know a few who have been through AD and been happy, more recently however, it might be they are suffering with a few too many students. One or two have come back having sat around waiting for so long, they feel their money might be better spent elsewhere.

Regards

CR

smith
13th Jan 2008, 13:44
No VAT on structured courses in Spain either

bobster1
14th Jan 2008, 16:14
I finished with them mid dec, they quoted approx 4 weeks, and I flew home 28days later with IR.
You will fly min 2 to 3 hours a day in sim 7 days a week, and 2.5 to 3 hours a day in A/C when you get to it, great for continuity of training.
I started a "full time" IR course in UK, after 3 weeks I had only managed 12 hours, 45 mins one day and then the next MCC guys might be using it then the next day an hour maybe, hardly full time. I left, had 2 weeks off before Spain and still finished before the guy I started with in UK.

The price I paid was as quoted, they are busy but not eveyone is doing IR, the sim is 24hours but I had only one late one at midnight.
Its great flying and really hits home how important IR flight is, there is some bloody big mountains around, and some challenging interesting flying to be done.

They are extremely well organised and well managed, I did not do any hour building there so cant comment on that, but the BE76 used for IR was fine.
I know a guy out there now who has just done 13 hours in sim in 3 days, having a couple of sim slots a day with a break in the middle.

Also the flight test is included in cost, but its only around 160 euro, where as the CAA charge over £700 in the UK.
Best of luck:ok:

mlee
15th Jan 2008, 12:58
I will second what Bobster is saying, I went out late Nov, came back six weeks later with a MEP and IR (I lost a week with bad weather).

Great people and they charge exactly what they quote you no hidden extras.

Out here now, half way through an MCC.

Regards Mark.

coodem
18th Jan 2008, 18:28
I too want to do my FI and ME-IR, and my CPL. But Im not sure if they even do the CPL. I have sent them an email earlier this week, bit not had a reply yet.

I have also read other recent posts on the forum asking if you could do a CPL in another JAR state. So now Im begining to wonder if you can,

Does anyone know if aerodynamics do CPL? Will this cause any later problems. I really want to do my CPL and IR with the same outfit

hughesyd
27th Jan 2008, 12:33
Aerodynamics do a CPL course, but only if you did your ATPLs in Spain and are registered with DGAC . So in effect, if you did your ATPLs in the UK , they wont take you on for the CPL. Oyther way round for me, im a brit who did my ATPLs in spain , so really have to do my CPL in Spain. Now beofre you all jump in telling me thats not true!!...........in theory you can get permission from the State you did your exams to do the CPL in another state if both jaa. It ok with the UK CAA, but have you ever tried to deal with the SpaniSH dgac???? :eek:, i rest my case. Been trying to get a reply from them for 2 months ad nothing.

Aerodynamics seems to get consistent good reports

ahhbisto
28th Jan 2008, 07:14
I can mirror what Bobster says about Aerodynamics. I cannot however comment on hour building as I have no experience of it with this school

I made a decision to attend the IR at Aerodynamics after making a painfully slow start to my own IR, due mainly to organisation at the particular school I was attending being appalling (make sure your research is thorough boys and girls) and the poor weather in the UK at the time

I elected to restart my course at Aerodynamics and completed the IR to the cost quoted which was the one advertised on the website, unlike bobster however my own course overran slightly, I was advised it would take 4 weeks and it actually too 4 weeks and two days ie 30 days.

The school is very organised, flying two to three hours a day really knocks you into shape for your skills test

I had no complaints about the kit and didnt find any problems with language with either the instructors nor atc. Having said all that the one major advantage is the location, the weather is consistently good and Malaga is surrounded by bloody great mountains which is as good a reason as any to ensure your IFR skills are top notch

I wouldnt for one minute suggest this school is better nor worse than any others as my own experience doesnt qualify me to make this statement, but can confirm in my own particular case the course completed on cost and almost on time and I found the school to be well organised.

I can also state that as a paying customer I am very happy with the service provided by this organisation