PDA

View Full Version : Future of Expat pilots on Nigeria ????

flightknight
13th Jan 2008, 06:52
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/money/2008/jan/10/Money-10-01-08-001.htm

chuks
13th Jan 2008, 07:29
Those are the "Club" version of the TB-9, with no lights, so no possibility of doing night training. Well, not legally, anyway.

The Barons, on the other hand, are fully de-iced, loaded with every bit of kit available and much more beautiful little luxury sleds than working training aircraft.

In any case, where are they getting the AVGAS from to run the training aircraft? Last time I checked there was none available unless it was imported in drums, a very expensive exercise.

Finally, what version of the English language was this article written in?

Shunanny
13th Jan 2008, 10:07
Chuks: Finally, what version of the English language was this article written in?

ICAO LEVEL 4??:ugh:

kotakota
13th Jan 2008, 12:20
The Sun , where is Page 3 ?

prospector
14th Jan 2008, 08:07
Does one need that much gold braid to be an instructor in Nigeria

"Expatriate pilots will soon vanish from Nigeria"

Does that mean that all Nigerian aeroplane drivers will be recalled home?? –

kotakota
14th Jan 2008, 08:13
As the old advert once said....

YOU TOO CAN HAVE A BODY LIKE MINE.........IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL.

surely not
14th Jan 2008, 08:21
Under my management at NCAT, we’ve been able to fix things to ensure that more professionals are churned out of the school

Hmmmm I'm sure that the bit I have put into Bold type was meant the right way, but it is an unfortunate way of expressing the point :}:ouch:

hotmj43
14th Jan 2008, 09:13
Given what we know of the person in question,i am some what sorry to say that the term used may not be a slip.
It is rather unfortunate,that in the present world of multi cutural cockpits,
that the present Ncat Zaria management should advocate such views.
I would have thought that the young buds with 230 hours total time with possibly 40hours of multi engine,would be keen to get as much experience from flying with Captains from far and yonder,who have varied backgrounds.
I really think,that the training management of Zaria should plug their computers into the internet,and get out of THE ZARIA sp SYNDROME,which has manifested itself over the years in Nigeria.

LongJohnThomas
16th Jan 2008, 17:38
Like Hotmj has said, it's quite unfortunate that this is the result or sould i say, the best our nation can come up with in the name of training!
Like someones said, we dont need so many gold braids to be an instructor, but unfortunately, in Nigeria its all about a show of who's the king-pin in any industry.
These are the same WT nut-cases that came to the industry with the tin-god attitude. Again, we take one step forward and two back!!!:ugh:
Shame it is i must say.
You can go through school without school going through you!
SAD!!!!!!!!:{
I am glad i dont have to be instructed by any of these nuts any longer!!!!!!

MamaPut
16th Jan 2008, 18:13
LJT and hmj,

How right you both are. We should anyway, be looking to increase cross-pollination by making aviation a global market for pilots as it's to everyone's benefit. Even in our small pool of rotary aviators there are many Nigerians working in other African countries, Europe and North America broadening the global pool of pilot knowledge and then some of them return here and widen the knowledge base in Nigeria.