PDA

View Full Version : No british passport

SAA
12th Jan 2008, 19:09
What is my chances of getting a flying job within the uk without right to work in the eu. At the moment I have unlimited full right to live and work in the uk but no british passport.

I am finishing my atpls soon and will be looking for a job. What is my chances of getting hired to only fly in the uk until I get my passport in July?

redsnail
12th Jan 2008, 20:01
Well, other foreign nationals haven't had a problem. So long as it is a mutiple entry visa/residency/ancestral visa then you can fly to Europe and return to the UK.

GgW
13th Jan 2008, 19:57
What is my chances of getting a flying job within the uk without right to work in the eu.

Almost impossible for a low hours pilot, missed out on 1 interview because of no EU passport. Have not heard anything back of the other +/- 50 airlines/companies that I have send cv's to.( That was a airline interview, pm me and I will tell you which one.) If you have a lot of hours in your logbook and may be rated on a meduim type than I do not think that a EU passport would be a problem.

springbok234
14th Jan 2008, 11:33
Yes, it seems almost impossible for anyone with no/limited experience. Only if you have the experience they need, will they sponsor the crew visas's required.

I have finished JAR licence conversion in September 2007, and have just been waiting around for my passport(due next week) as almost nobody will accept online applications without a UK or EU passport number.:=

Good luck!! :ok:

redsnail
14th Jan 2008, 13:50
This is from the easyJet site

The right to work and reside in the EU or Switzerland depending on your base of preference

It doesn't say you need an EU/UK passport.