PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sim Stuff

Clutch Cargo
12th Jan 2008, 17:37
At least in the world of flight simulation. I thought some of you real-world pilots would get a kick out of this.

My name is Marcus Thompson. I just finished a three year project with a couple of friends on recreating Hong Kong's Kai Tak airport as it was in the 1990's along with the cities of Kowloon, Hong Kong Island, Lantau Island and approximately 800 square miles of photoreal scenery for the approach, and of course a fully working curved IGS 'Checkerboard' approach.

It is completely free scenery available for those who use Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and want to relive those days of "chasing the rabbit". But for those who don't and would like to see this creation we have created a couple of videos on the project/airport.

You can find video links and screenshots at my little website:

www.MileHighProductions.cwhnetworks.com (http://www.MileHighProductions.cwhnetworks.com)

Thanks to you guys for all those spectacular landings I used to have as a passenger when flying to into HK for business. What a ride!

Clutch
9Dragons

Sam-MAN
13th Jan 2008, 08:53
Looks excellent!

Whats it like on the FPS?

Sam

Admiral346
13th Jan 2008, 12:27
Thank you for your work!!!

The vid on youtube looks great, and avsim servers are so busy right now, I only get to slowly download it...

But I will let you know on what I think of it after testflying it...

Nic