PDA

View Full Version : Student Pilot Candidate

CYPRIOT
12th Jan 2008, 11:51
Hello everybody, I am an aviation enthusiast dying for becoming a professional pilot for over 2 years of time. I have been involved in sports parachuting for a period of time. As every student pilot, I have financial problems as well as some defficiencies such as language since my mother tongue is not English. Actually I got 6,5 from IELTS previous year but the year 2007 was dead for me because I had to spent the whole year in the army without using the language. By the way, it is a must in Cyprus so, I had to do my military service. I am an university graduate with a degree of Sports and Recreation Management. Actually this has been my life story. İf we come to the point that I'm stuck, I am planning of getting my integraded ATPL ground school next year and untill that time, I AM (AN UNQUALIFIED PERSON IN TERMS OF AVIATION) LOOKING FOR A JOB IN AN AVIATION RELATED WORK PLACE BOTH TO IMPROVE MY LEVEL OF ENGLISH AND GENERAL KNOWLEGE. I am also an EU Citizen. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? Thank you !!!
:confused:

cypilot77
25th Jan 2008, 19:49
My friend,take my advice! Im Cypriot too!
If you dont know anybody to help you get a job,dont waste your money for aviation. Find another job to bring money home and you can always get your PPL to have fun.
I personally have my CPL license, a whole bunch of other certificates including a Masters Degree in Aviation and i can not find a job. Today's world is not what you know from school BUT who you know to help you. If i can help you in anything just PM me.

SpamFritters
25th Jan 2008, 20:12
If you dont know anybody to help you get a job,dont waste your money for aviation. Find another job to bring money home and you can always get your PPL to have fun.
I personally have my CPL license, a whole bunch of other certificates including a Masters Degree in Aviation and i can not find a job. Today's world is not what you know from school BUT who you know to help you. If i can help you in anything just PM me.

Just because you have not found a job doesn't mean others will not also.
If it is about who you know... how do all the other pilots get jobs?

Point being is not everyone is lucky enough to have 'contacts'

Stupid post.:hmm:

Pace152
26th Jan 2008, 12:46
cypilot77 is obviously abit disillusioned.

The thing is that if you do know somebody who knows somebody then it can make it alot easier, if you don't then unfortunatly it comes down to 2 things - Luck and Determination.

The 2 things are closely linked, you can make your own kind of luck through determination in applying yourself to getting your CV in front of as many people as possible. Eventually you will most likely succeed in getting a job regardless of who you know so long as you've got the skill to do the job.

cypilot77
26th Jan 2008, 15:54
Spam,
do a little research about the Island of Cyprus and then talk.
First of all, there are 10 airplanes in the island and there are over 200 people trying to get a job. How many do you think they will make it? and Who? Obviously the ones that have close relationships with the insiders! Also, just to let you know, those people there, they hire people before they post the job in the newspapers.
Now, if you dont want to stay in Cyprus, then i agree 100% with you. You can find a job anywhere you want.
And im sorry for telling the truth. I wish i had somebody to tell me that too before i start. At least i would be able to expect it and not be suprised.

And a small example so you guys know. 2 years ago there was an opening for a FO position. 2 of my friends with over 5000 hours total and about 1000 hours on a B737 at the time applied. Since they never got an answer from the company they called to find out. Guess what! They both " failed " the interview and somebody with 215 hours total passed everything and got the job.
You guys figure out!

flyingvikings
8th Jul 2009, 17:22
He is right cos the owner of a school in South Africa were I had admission said same thing in my phone conversation with him. He asked me 'do you have contacts in Nigeria' this way you can secure a job faster. these days its all about who u know and not what you know...its kinda stupid politics mates but its reality lets face it...i have seen geographers working in banks, artist managing hotels, beautiful babes with their driving license as the highest educational qualification they have working as managers in real estate business, as accountants in big establishment or even as secretary...people actually went to school to study these but today what is it like?....mates there is a general saying 'if u cannot beat them u join dem' today's life is all about who you know and who knows u.....