PDA

View Full Version : PMA Disclosures Moved to Cranwell

ARINC
11th Jan 2008, 14:21
RAF Ex servicemen...

In case you like me wish to obtain a copy of your service records, please be advised that PMA disclosures the people you need to talk to have moved to Cranwell over Christmas !

Call the Cranwell switchboard (01400) 261201 ask for disclosures and you'll get put through to a very helpful lady called Mandy. Apparently some records are still in transit from Innsworth so it can take upto 40 days (The statutory maximum) to get your files.

c130jbloke
11th Jan 2008, 15:39
Nice one, thanks !!!!

RETDPI
11th Jan 2008, 16:07
I recommend that appropriate individuals follow this course.
I discovered that mine was a travesty of my career.
I found that I was apparently "ex airman aircrew" , ( I was a Cranwell Cadet from 99 Cadet entry RAFC who was then selected to go to University and got an Honours Science Degree and was then a successful Graduate Post grad from 10 G.E. )
and then was apparently , according to Binnsworth , commissioned eight years (and I have it in writing) after the actual date etc.etc.

All this following my actual successful " Prom C" and "iss" in the real world.

I PVR'd

Can I sue?

Chugalug2
11th Jan 2008, 19:49
apparently , according to Binnsworth , commissioned eight years (and I have it in writing) after the actual date etc.etc.

Well, you may well say that RETDPI, but I'm afraid that our records say different!

Can I sue?

Of course you can, provided a DI shouted at you some time thereby causing a loss of confidence that has since prevented you gaining your undoubted potential, but I'm afraid that there is a considerable back-log!

RETDPI
12th Jan 2008, 05:58
Well, you may well say that RETDPI, but I'm afraid that our records say different!

I wasn't actually referring to the Bluebell railway Chugalug , but thanks for taking the hook anyway.

(It was a loooong time ago, was partially corrected at a later date, and in another life anyway )

The system got so confused at one time in the late 80's that a brother officer on my unit had a phone call informing him that he was about to be posted AWOL due to another unit reporting that he had not arrived.(First he had heard of the posting which was, of course immediately cancelled -then reinstated , then cancelled again IIRC)
Over that period I was simultaneously posted to and attached to the same unit- and for months , despite my protests, I found myself receiving LOA from two theatres...........
Later on I found that ,according to Innsworth, I was apparently on service in our Embassy in Equador (heaven knows what they made of the correspondence since I was then in Spain). This was corrected only to get a phone call from our attache in Spain, who had been informed by the RAF that I had been in an RTA in Germany and that I was in a "field hospital".
Although not the reason ,this sort of bungling was indicative of the conditions which surrounded my decision to PVR.
Unfortunately, since the Service chose to spare itself the embarrassment of having some unknown sending me a valedictory letter, that opportunity to have a last laugh was missed.

It doesn't look like much has changed.

Chugalug2
12th Jan 2008, 10:43
Touche re the Bluebell RETDPI, I asked for that one! I had a share of postings which were subsequently cancelled but, as these were to ground tours and enabled me to continue flying, I count myself as a satisfied customer of the system. :ok: Nonetheless they persisted and I resorted to PVRing in the end, like you.
Having said that your case is worrying on two counts, the shear extent of the maladministration and the early stage at which it existed (80's). I was not aware of any such cases of the RAF losing track of where its people were in my time (60s and 70s). It seems it all fell apart as soon as I left! What can I say? :)
Incidentally you do not mention if you ever were shouted at by a DI. There have been many such cases AFAIK, for which generous compensation can scarcely make amends for such hurt feelings!

RETDPI
12th Jan 2008, 11:28
Chug I am sure that I benefitted greatly from being shouted at by D.I.'s -both times I went through the system. There were certainly no "weeping willows" at the Old Cranwell - at least not for long.
There were always cock ups in postings and personnel records from time to time in my experience -its just that the attitude became more insular and dismissive as the years went by.
I felt the old values of sensitivity to the interests of others slide generally throughout the 70's and 80's as the Air Force seemingly increasingly moved from Dan Dare to Arthur Daley models in its ethos and personal standards.

Or was it that we were all growing up?