PDA

View Full Version : FTL record keeping software

justwhenyouthought..
10th Jan 2008, 23:01
HI all,
Anyone any suggestions for a reasonably priced software package for tracking ftl hours. We are a small charter operation with an eye on costs !
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

jwyt..

boredcounter
11th Jan 2008, 01:21
Keep it manual then.

Great way to keep everyone up to speed with the limitations.

No cost at all.

Bored

justwhenyouthought..
11th Jan 2008, 06:20
cheers bored.
I had thought of that one myself.

just.....

boredcounter
11th Jan 2008, 06:32
No sarcasm was intended on my part.

If you wish a programme to keep track of hours for your crew and are a small charter carrier, it will have to be CAA approved if used for record keeping.

If you wish an FTL calculator, that's a different kettle of fish.

Bored

edit: that damn typo.

justwhenyouthought..
11th Jan 2008, 07:45
....we are in the UK !

No offence taken. I just need tracking and record keeping software for duty times and thought you sages on this section of pprune would be able to suggest something.

cheers

just......

typos,,agreed.......

Low life
11th Jan 2008, 15:33
You can put together an Excel spreadsheet, which as long as it follows the guideline and your FOI is happy, works a treat.

I does not have to be all singing all dancing, just correct

Yo! Bored
Crabber, Big Alan and myself are going to visit the our friend in the land of the Black stuff if you fancy a trip

flexy
25th Jan 2008, 14:00
PM me if you like - we had resident excel boffin design a corker!!

Takeoff WAT
31st Jan 2008, 21:00
There is a new company just started who mail-shot last week.

One Track Software

Their systems are aimed at the bizjet market, rather than airline, so no massive hardware costs, just stick it on your pc. They're offering a stand-alone crewing program if you don't want to go the whole hog and ditch your spreadsheets!

On the CAA approved software question...I don't think any software needs to be 'approved' as such, as it's only record keeping and so no different to spreadsheets or pen & paper. As long as your FOI gets to see the end result, on printed pages, I wouldn't have thought he'd care how it was tracked...as long as it was correct.

In fact, I would have thought that going computerised would help with the company Quality Systems so your FOI would probably give any software based tracking method the thumbs up

scottmorgan
28th Feb 2011, 13:13
Hi JWYT
Still looking for low cost FTL software?

Gulfstreamaviator
1st Mar 2011, 04:43
One problem, that the GCAA would not accept is the ability to go back and rewrite data... They are paranoid about exceedences.

They are also very sarcastic.

glf