PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Wx

AyrTC
10th Jan 2008, 15:26
Mods feel free to move or delete this thread if you think it necessary.

Next year my family and I are hoping to take a holiday to the Far East.We will probably be staying in Singapore about 5/6th of Jan.I know it is the rainy season just now however could some kind person please confirm the daily rainfall pattern ie does it rain all day or just heavy showers for a certain period of the day.

Rgds

AyrTC

Cubs2jets
10th Jan 2008, 15:58
AyrTC,

Lived in Singapore for 4 years.

During that time I remember it raining ALL day for less than 5 days total during the period. My general perception was that there were either heavy showere for ~45 min early in the morning or late in the afternoon.

Temps are NEVER colder than 25 (at night) and rarely warmer than 35 during the day.

Singapore is a lovely place but it is NOT a tourist destination. Lots of retail shopping.

C2J

AyrTC
10th Jan 2008, 17:20
C2J
Thanks for that:ok: Singapore will not be the main part of the holiday however we have to transit back home via Singapore so we thought we would stay there for a couple of days.
Rgds
AyrTC

typhoonpilot
10th Jan 2008, 17:32
Quite the contrary, Singapore is a great vacation stop for a few days. The Singapore zoo is fantastic; the night safari is good; Sentosa is worth a half day; just walking around the river area and various other parts of the city is excellent. The food is good and prices reasonable.

Typhoonpilot

Round D. Globe
10th Jan 2008, 19:53
Agreed. Many things to do and a pretty safe place to do it as well.
Just leave the chewing gum in the hotel room.:=

RDG

Metro man
10th Jan 2008, 23:19
You can buy chewing gum in Singapore. You need to go to a pharmacy and speak to the pharmacist. Bring your ID as your details will be recorded in the "Chewing Gum" book. Limited selection of brands, all sugar free for theraputic purposes.

You can chew gum but not in places such as the trains which ban eating or drinking. Strict laws on littering so dispose of carefully.

You may not bring chewing gum into Singapore, it will be seized by customs if found and you may be fined. :)

Dani
11th Jan 2008, 21:13
Posted yesterday:We will probably be staying in Singapore about 5/6th of Jan

This date is over already...

Beginning of January is very wet, but for people not used to the warm climate it's ideal, because it's not so hot. Later in January into February and March it becomes dry and still relatively cool, the best time of the year to travel to SIN.

SIN is a wonderful place to stop by, and if you get bored of the shopping centers and sky scrapers, just take a ferry ship to a close holiday resort or a LCC plane to a close holiday destination (Phuket or so).

Dani

flyingcrazy
12th Jan 2008, 10:33
AyrTC,

You can have a look here:
http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=1088
hope this helps.

cheers,
FC

AyrTC
12th Jan 2008, 11:37
Flying Crazy et al thanks for the info / debate:D