PDA

View Full Version : Any flight school in Canada with bachelor's degree?

derflieger
9th Jan 2008, 16:13
Hi there!

I would like to move to Canada, and then live and work there for the rest of my life. I've been searching a lot around, and it seems that you need a degree or diploma after education to apply for a Perminent Resident.

But, as far as I know, flight school won't normally give you a degree after final exams. But is there any flight school in Canada that offers a bachelor degree also?

By doing so, I'll be able to work and live in Canada after I'm finished with my flight training! (at least, I can work as an airliner pilot)

If this is not possible, I'll have to take a degree at an university... but I really want to be an airliner pilot as I already have my PPL!

dingdongbubble
10th Jan 2008, 02:57
There is Seneca college which gives you a Bachelor of Applied Technology degree and charges around CAD13,000 per year for domestic students and around $40,000 for international students. They take FOUR years which is kinda long and have this summer training program where they make you practice in the summer and build up flight hours.

Then there is the University of Western Ontario I think if I am not wrong which is even more expensive and advanced and I didnt really like it when I went online and checked it out.

dingdongbubble
10th Jan 2008, 08:40
Do you think it is possible to learn to fly profesisonally while you are studying for a Bachelors degree full time? Like getting a license in the summer and continue studying normally the whole year? And if I d it in this way how long will it take to get an fATPL?