PDA

View Full Version : Apptitude Tests in the UAE

dingdongbubble
9th Jan 2008, 15:59
Hello

I am a high schooler looking into a career in aviation. (sorry if you have read that line from me before). Would someone please tell me where I can get myself an aptitude test in the United Arab Emirates?

dingdongbubble
10th Jan 2008, 03:08
hmmm isnt there some kind of aptitude test which I take prepared with just what knowledge I have gained in school and daily life and it tells me whether I have an aptitude for becoming a pilot? I mean whats the point of preparing because thats kind of like 'faking' the test. THanks for the link though. :)

tom775257
10th Jan 2008, 09:04
Hi are you Emirati? If you are you can apply to Etihad airways cadet program in Al Ain.

Why not give it a go...
http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/GraduateMgmt/NationalJobList.aspx

Everyone I've met so far seems very nice at Etihad, nice stewardesses and the food is good too....

dingdongbubble
10th Jan 2008, 09:06
nope i am not emarati. That etihad thing seems racist to me :*

tom775257
10th Jan 2008, 10:39
Hi,

Aptitude tests are in no way the be all and end all when it comes to selecting pilots from what I can gather. I have heard shocking reports about heavily selected pilots in the UK going from zero to airline; they give a general outline nothing more nothing less in my humble opinion.

If you want to be a pilot, give it a go. Fly a light aircraft – do you enjoy it? Are you any good at it? Then if you like it worry about training etc.

With regards to your personal situation, have you got some money behind you? I don’t know what nationality you are, if you have rights to work in India it would be a definite bonus. You could tailor you training with where you want to work in the end / where you have rights to work. But first things first, do you enjoy flying aircraft?!

dingdongbubble
10th Jan 2008, 10:57
India? LOL they wud kick me out the next day. Anyways do u think its a good idea asking my dad to pay AED 40,000 ih fo a PPL? And if I like it, I can continue and if I dont then I dont loose much and I just have an extra qualification which just MIGHT help if i go into aerospace engineering or maybe a good Univ would give me preference because I am hearing nowadays that they ook at tings in you beyond hig school grades. They look at stuff like extra curricular activities and personality and stuff.

tom775257
10th Jan 2008, 11:21
Yes, I think spend the DHS 40,000 if you can afford it and get the PPL; internationally that doesn't seem too much money for a PPL, I haven't looked into that around here (AUH) because now I am out of PPL training.

At least that way it will allow you to know whether that is what you want to do. Also what area of aerospace do you want to get into? Certainly a PPL will always show maturity and commitment etc. on a curriculum vitae.

Good luck

dingdongbubble
10th Jan 2008, 11:30
Well to tell the truth Iam still researching on what career to prsue and I am SOOOOOO conused. I ahventyet looked into aerospace properly though.

I wanted to ask you a question:
Where else is it possible to do a PPL for a similar or better amount of money in within 2-3 months? I mgiht be travelling to Canada for my Univ so I want to kinda get used living alone away from my family so I would like to do a PPL in some other country. Maybe Canada itself would be a good place. I will look for shools in Canada with a similar price.

tom775257
10th Jan 2008, 13:16
I'm sorry, there will most likely be more qualified people here to answer your question.

This is an area I am not so familiar with at this moment in time.

Please do not be too trusting of opinion given here also, use your common sense too and apply that to what you hear.

Best wishes.

dingdongbubble
12th Jan 2008, 08:35
Anyone?

I guess the best way woud be to try get the PPL and in those 45-60 flight hours, I ahve, decide whether I want to do this all my life.

heartbomb
13th Jan 2008, 22:02
Had an aptitude test in the UAE when I went for an entrance exam with no prior experience, I got above average?

It really isn't something I'd stress about, maybe just have a go at Flight Simulator or something.

delay
10th May 2008, 15:14
dingdongbubble,

i think im quite suited to answer ur question,

i got my PPL from dubai, it cost me well over 40,000 dhs and that was a few years ago.

Several problems with training in the UAE:

-Atiitude towards general aviation is poor, lots of restrictions, holds, bureacracy.
-Expensive, flying costs over dhs 800 an hour now

As for aptitude testing? again a very poor indicator for determining a good pilot, i suggest you go on a trial flight, see if u r comfortable up there

As for Canada, I did my CPL there, Its very unlikely you are going to get your PPL within 2-3 months.

Factors such as weather, instructor availabilty and your own performance determine how fast you go.

Canada is a great place to train the only downfall would be the winter, it can severely disrupt your training as flying cansomtimes be at a standstill for several months.

If you are an indian national, i suggest you look into the Spice Jet and King Fisher cadet programs.

hope this helps.

Ayla
10th May 2008, 16:12
Hi, Alpha Aviation UAE in Sharjah will shortly be running aptitude testing for its MPL Course. This includes Pilapt hand to eye skill testing. If you go to the Alpha Aviaition Group website there is info and an e-mail address to apply to.