PDA

View Full Version : BA CityFlyer/Jerez training scheme

Iain-M
9th Jan 2008, 14:49
http://www.flighttrainingeurope.com/page.php?page_name=campaign&id=15

KJWelling
9th Jan 2008, 16:46
I have already been accepted to FTE but don't start until late this year, I wanted to apply to this scheme though - Carmen informed me that the July Course was full so do CityFlyer have some reserved spaces or is this just for people who are already on that course? Thanks!

Exhibitz
9th Jan 2008, 16:54
I can't see any start dates regarding BA Cityflyer, I would assume it would be for the same time you would be going out (assuming there are still places). I guess the easiest way would be applying again? Did Carmen say that the Cityflyer course begun in July?

Dan Gwiz
10th Jan 2008, 09:57
Yes, all schemes have reserved places, any left over places go to sefl-sponsored or other schemes can reserve them too, therefore having a mixture of schemes on one course.

As it says on the website the course startes are:28th April, 30th June

Gwiz

KJWelling
10th Jan 2008, 13:52
Yeah I saw the dates offered by FTE for the scheme, thanks for that Dan - I would imagine it does begin in July yes, you are already at FTE exhibitz?K

dreamliner81
24th Jan 2008, 21:16
i am accepted at FTE too but with no date confirmed. applying for Cityflyer and more if they come up...

student88
25th Jan 2008, 08:38
dreamliner81,

Did you apply for the scheme that closed for applicants last Monday?

S88

rick0
25th Jan 2008, 09:42
I applied and got to stage 2.. sent my answers back a few days ago. Anyone heard anything?

student88
25th Jan 2008, 11:31
Nope! Not yet...first time I sent the email it was rejected but all was ok the second time around. Fingers crossed it actually got there! I'd be interested to know how many applied and how many people sent answers back!

I expect we'll hear back some time next week.

S88

Alann
28th Jan 2008, 18:38
Hi people!

I received the email today, and I'm through to the phase 3! I've been invited to get to Manchester on the 5th of february!!
Anyone else on the same date?

Cheers.:ok:

wildcard87
28th Jan 2008, 18:53
nice one Alann! unfortunately i'm still waiting for a reply from BA CityFlyer :sad:

any others heard back yet?

student88
28th Jan 2008, 20:23
Message Removed

chileconcarne27
29th Jan 2008, 20:41
I'm on my way up too for the 6th, probably driving up on the 5th and staying overnight.

Tcdy01
29th Jan 2008, 21:01
Did anyone get an email from Eva saying they can go to Heathrow?
They sent an email to me saying "Congratulations letter - Pilapt date 08"
They didn't actually say anything about going to Manchester for stage 3. So I am not sure what stage I toam up !
They only said I am invited to attend an assessment test at Heathrow on Sunday 20th April 08 and they have also said their will be an opportunity to go over to Jerez and see FTE.

did anyone else get this same email?! They have left me confused! :hmm:

Thanks for any reply.

student88
30th Jan 2008, 09:08
Nope mate I'm afraid not - my email had nothing along those lines.

Tcdy01
30th Jan 2008, 11:29
I have applied to the BACF/FTE scheme and was sent the questions. I sent them back in time and instead of being sent an email saying you can go to manchester, they sent me one saying come to Heathrow?!
But the subject line said Congratulations. So I don't know if I am through or not.

I emailed them back on Monday but still waiting to hear.
Good luck everyone who goes to Manchester anyway.

I applied through FTE website btw on the 15th Jan.

ecampbell
30th Jan 2008, 14:30
Woo, I got through! :D Good luck to everyone who is up in Manchester next week! I will be there on Tuesday and hopefully it wont be too bad! (Lucky they gave us pre-test guidance material!!)

I hope those of you who did not get through are not too disappointed - I know i would be, so good luck for any more schemes you apply to.

Finite_World
31st Jan 2008, 21:35
argh! no reply yet? Methinks this is bad news! Anyway, congratulations to all of those who knwo they have got through to the next phase! :)

student88
1st Feb 2008, 09:20
Are you sure they've recieved your application? Seems a little strange they haven't got back to you after all this time. Good luck whatever happens!

Finite_World
1st Feb 2008, 11:33
Well, they sent me the questions and I sent them back the way they requested but no reply as of yet. I don't mind being rejected, but I'll be a little annoyed if its because they forgot about me! :(

dreamliner81
1st Feb 2008, 12:42
I have not heard anything since i sent my questions back.

To those who are going on the 5 or 6th. to MAN - are you going to the PILAPT there?
I am just wondering if they have not replied to me because I have already done it being accepted by FTE.

Just trying to find reason here...

Good luck to all anyway!

Domingo

student88
1st Feb 2008, 12:49
Hey!

I believe that the girls and boys that are going next week will sit various exams such as numeracy, numerical and verbal reasoning, the Pilapt tests and an interview at the end.

S88:ok:

ecampbell
2nd Feb 2008, 10:18
it sounds like the order of the day is exactly as student88 described...

For those who were unsure on their timescales for replies, i waited almost three weeks for my yes or no after the questions..... :confused: (although that probably doesnt help now does it?)

student88
2nd Feb 2008, 10:35
Did you apply for the scheme once before ecampbell? Out of interest, did you get through to the testing stage? What were your experiences?

BRgds,

dreamliner81
2nd Feb 2008, 14:29
I got an answer yesterday! not much of a noticed but hey, i wont complain. I am going on the 6th only for the interview - anyone else?

student88
2nd Feb 2008, 16:21
Message Removed

ecampbell
2nd Feb 2008, 17:10
at least you both finally got replies....

Did you apply for the scheme once before ecampbell? Out of interest, did you get through to the testing stage? What were your experiences?

No, Ive not applied before - this is the first time!! Ive just been reading up on it through pprune!

Good Luck to everyone this week!!

dreamliner81
7th Feb 2008, 11:16
Hey all!

I was there on the 6th in the afternoon for my interview phase 3 - did we meet?!??

Now....time to wait!

Hope to meet you for phase 4.

Good luck!

Eddy
7th Feb 2008, 12:49
Tom?!

I went along yesterday afternoon, too.

Started off by doing Numeracy, Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning tests. Followed that with Pilapt and then did the interview at the end of the day. Alison gave absolutely nothing away in the interview! She's very good :D

Now it's just a waiting game. Not expecting to hear anything for a week or two.

Best of luck to all.

chileconcarne27
9th Feb 2008, 10:13
Did any other girls get through to stage three? Or was i the only one?

I know it's a male dominated industry but i can't be the only girlie!!!!

ecampbell
9th Feb 2008, 19:17
Did any other girls get through to stage three? Or was i the only one?

I know it's a male dominated industry but i can't be the only girlie!!!!

There were four of us girls on the 5th Feb (Tuesday), Lets hope FTE will get more females attending soon!!

chileconcarne27
10th Feb 2008, 11:24
So that makes 5 so far, but haven't heard about any girls from the 7th.

Good luck to everyone for this week

xx

Atreyu
12th Feb 2008, 09:42
"Lets hope FTE will get more females attending soon!!"

In my experience of FTE, that's not a good thing for the girls hahaha :E

Anyone trying for a place on this course I would strongly advise trying your level best to get a place, I'm an F/O with the company and it's fantastic work!

Atreyu :)

chileconcarne27
12th Feb 2008, 23:10
I think that if any girls get on this course you'll spoilt for choice once you get to FTE......all work and no play and all the rest......hehehehe ;)

ecampbell
15th Feb 2008, 15:35
So... Has anyone heard anything from FTE/BA Cityflyer since the assessment days? I am not panicking yet but i am just mindful that the interviews with BA Cityflyer were hinted at being on the 20th 21st and 22nd?? (i.e. next week).

I hope some people have heard back, would be an awesome scheme to be on!! Let us all know if you do get accepted to stage 4.

Waiting and hoping here! :hmm:

Eddy
15th Feb 2008, 18:02
Nothing here yet..... :}

student88
15th Feb 2008, 18:28
Dont worry - I believe the next stage has been re-scheduled for next month.

Good things come to those who wait - or so they say!

ecampbell
15th Feb 2008, 18:53
Good things come to those who wait

My dad keeps telling me that - i hope it is true!! Ah well, nothing wrong with sitting and waiting!!

dreamliner81
19th Feb 2008, 14:35
and still waiting...:ugh: has anyone heard? I think they said it could be 2 weeks which is...now.

student88
19th Feb 2008, 15:49
Nope - no one else who I know on the assessment has heard anything either. The last group were interviewed and assessed on Thursday 7th so really 2 weeks won't be until this Thursday!

ecampbell
19th Feb 2008, 16:57
would be nice if they let us know if phase 4 has been moved or not....if it hasn't they are cutting it a bit fine....:uhoh:

ecampbell
20th Feb 2008, 10:39
Maybe she did, but i cant remember!! :O Just in that limbo stage of wanting to know...the one where there is a compulsion to look at your email every five minutes!!

student88
21st Feb 2008, 18:25
I never knew waiting could hurt so much!.. twiddles thumbs..

S88 :ok:

Eddy
22nd Feb 2008, 12:00
Every time I check my email I kinda think I'm going to die of anticipation.....

Defib on standby.

Atreyu
23rd Feb 2008, 21:00
It's not the end of the world if you don't get it, and there are certainly no guarantees! Chins Up

Atreyu:ok:

chileconcarne27
23rd Feb 2008, 22:58
Give it til about wednesday this week. They have been going through quite a bit recently. The less you think about it and the answer you are hoping for, the quicker the time will go. Carry on with your everyday lives and you'll have an email soon enough. There's nothing you can do now anyway, so what's the point in worrying?!?!?!

Good luck to everyone anyway, remember, it's not a competition.

Atreyu
24th Feb 2008, 22:14
Well, it is a competition of sorts isn't it? There isn't unlimited places on the scheme if I understand correctly?

olioli
24th Feb 2008, 23:47
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:mad:

A message of solidarity for everyone who's waiting on this one. It's a dream job. Great plane, great cities and 'challenging' flying!! :ok:

I think it'll be a few more days or they would've sent out responses on Friday.

How many of us are there (18?)

Atreyu
24th Feb 2008, 23:51
What isn't 'proper' about easyJet etc? They don't shut their eyes and pretend you know... And it's still a job at the end of the day! And the planes are getting old, Embraer 195's would be lovely :E

Atreyu

student88
25th Feb 2008, 07:18
I'm always stumped when people say Airbus Pilots arent 'proper' pilots because they don't actually fly the plane! :ugh:

I'd be lying if I said I didnt feel slightly/extremely competitive about the whole assessment! You don't apply with the intent to fail! It's only human!

I think there are about 18-22 of us who got through to stage 3.

dreamliner81
25th Feb 2008, 09:50
I just got it! Gotta be in MAN on the 4th at 12 am. :D

I am shaking for some reason...

Good luck guys and hope to see you there for the group exercise!

olioli
25th Feb 2008, 13:41
Wo Wo Wo!!

Don't go all defensive guys - I don't remember mentioning airbuses - You all brought that up!!!!!!!!

I was referring to the 6 degree glidescope at London city - that's good flying regardless of the aircraft. And, by the way, they're bringing in the new A18s which have been approved for the airport - that would be equally good flying.

Hope you're all ashamed of your freudian slips - one of my friends is an a320 f/o (and I don't hold it against him:E ).

See you at Pioneer House.:ok:

student88
25th Feb 2008, 14:23
The A318's will be operated by BA Mainline not BA CityFlyer!

olioli
25th Feb 2008, 14:48
I know that! They will be using London City though. Apparently they're gonna take 32 passengers in an all club class setup to New York.

olioli:ok:

ecampbell
25th Feb 2008, 17:18
Well well well, Who got it then?

I didnt :( Ah well, eh? First of many....... Where to apply next?? Lol!

At least it wasnt the dreaded 'rethink your career' email!!

Well done to everyone who did get it....im sure you'll have loads of fun out in Spain. :D

Atreyu
25th Feb 2008, 18:26
Please remember this company isn't even a year old yet, I wouldn't plan too much guys!

Atreyu

olioli
25th Feb 2008, 18:38
Good advice! What shape is the company in? Has the 'open skies' issue affected cityflyer in any way?

student88
25th Feb 2008, 19:34
OpenSkies hasn't effected BACF and I don't think it will either - well not this early in the airlines life anyway.

olioli
25th Feb 2008, 20:07
makes you wonder what the execs are forecasting though. I suppose having the unique hub of london city is a plus - kinda corners the market a bit. I was more thinking of how the pilots in BA's subsidiary lines react to strike action in the mainline.

looking forward to next week:ok:

Atreyu
25th Feb 2008, 20:36
well lets get things clear here, BA Cityflyer are the only subsiduary, and we're not going on strike, GB and Logan are both Franchise, c and not for much longer either; they are seperate companies so BA mainline strike action won't affect them either. Openskies shouldn't affect us, totally different business model.

Student88, are you a BACF employee?

chileconcarne27
25th Feb 2008, 20:39
Big whoopee that the company is only a year old...they're giving quite few people the opportunity to fulfil a lifelong dream! To be honest, i wouldn't care if i was flying a rustbucket (within safety parameters anyway) if they were going to give me a job at the end of it.

I got through by the way, i've got the 1030 start so it's gonna be an early start from Colchester!!

Anyone one else? So far on this thread i've seen one other person who's going.

Let the revision begin.

Atreyu
25th Feb 2008, 20:47
chileconcarne27, you live a sheltered life obviously, it does matter that the company is new, since new companies come and go. BA Connect? Duo? Maxjet? Job security is an issue my friend believe me. And once you're in the seat you do care about the machine you fly, I love the Avro, I really do, but for reliablity, we'll be in a better position if we get EMB170/90s

chileconcarne27
25th Feb 2008, 20:55
There's no need to 'my friend' me. Of course security in a job is important, that goes without saying, but i'm trying to get to the point that there are plenty of longer established company's who won't do half what BACF is doing to help new recruits.

The pickier new boys are about what they fly the damn site harder they are going to find it getting sponsored/employment. You have to take the rough with the smooth...and getting to FTE with the backing of an airline is definitley smooth enough for me...they can throw anything else they like at me and i'd welcome it with open arms.

Atreyu
25th Feb 2008, 21:02
hahaha ok mate good for you. I do seem to remember flybe offering a broadly similar employment package, Cityjet have a cadet program with FTE and of course BA Mainline is attractive too, DHL wasn't too shabby if/when they hire and of course TFly is very good if they ever hire from their cadet program again. And this isn't like the company is paying for your training like the good old days, yes a JOC, maybe some upset training and of course a type rating, but all of the above I mentioned will also pay for your type rating too (which is the most important bit). This isn't BACF bashing, I work for them and thoroughly enjoy my work (even if it is still work :E) and I'm very pleased with how I've been treated by the company. What I'm saying to you is that it isn't the be all and end all, and just because you get a lanyard and a yellow vest at FTE doesn't mean your 'in the club' either. Just ask the Thomsonfly cadets from 2007.

chileconcarne27
25th Feb 2008, 21:41
Ok, we'll call it quits for now! I do get a little passionate about flying, and the fact that i've made it a career choice. I've applied to many of these schemes before and always try to keep the same momentum and enthusiasm for each one. If any one offered me the opportunity that BACF have, then i'll go all the way with them.

Chile
x

Atreyu
25th Feb 2008, 21:46
Of course, no question there. I had/have that very same enthusiasm for the job. Hope everything works out for you! PM me if you have any queries/questions.

olioli
25th Feb 2008, 23:20
That's good to hear. Thanks Atreyu:ok:

My friends at FTE have said it's best to be philosophical about the whole thing. If you get a place take it because you'd be daft not to when there's mentoring offered. There might not be any jobs to offer us in two years' time but then we'll just be in the same boat as most of the other guys out there.

I'd love to fly the Avro before they go out of service - It's been my favourite since I was a little'un. Such a shame they didn't go ahead with the RJX back in 2000.

Atreyu
25th Feb 2008, 23:24
I'm sure Swiss will keep them going, they got BACON's best RJ's. :( And TNT will fly them until they rot too I'm sure!

student88
26th Feb 2008, 06:57
I'm hearing whispers BA Mainline and easyJet are looking to run similar mentored schemes at FTE, each looking to take on 80 cadet pilots each.

Watch this space..

I didn't say anything!

S88:ok: (just loves watching arguements form on PPRuNe)

Atreyu
26th Feb 2008, 10:06
easyjet must be using the framework from the GB sponsorship if that's true.:E Flying the bus would be fantastic!

I love how wannabes talk of 'real work and proper flying' like we hand fly the RJ all the time, you wanna take a read of our ops manuals, and the 'defensive flying' part. Mainly regailing ourselves of "full use of automatics wherever and whenever possible"

Don't be fooled into thnking you'll be swooping around the skies like you would in a warrior in a BACF RJ! The punters down the back don't care if you're having fun, they want to arrive at their destination safely, and the safest means is by full use of the automatics. And besides good workload management dictates that you use the automatics because it frees up alot of capacity for dealing with paperwork, flight and performance mointoring and of course any non normal situations that may need attention.

So with that in mind which makes for a less stressful working day, RJ or A320? Don't get me wrong chaps(ettes) I'm bashing BACF, but you have to be aware of the realities of day to day line flying BEFORE you get all hot under the collar about winning a place on the mentoring scheme. Of course LCY approaches are fun, and seeing london from 2/3000 feet is a privilage not many have. You'll see in your training the Stress vs Performance curve, and hopefully then you may start to appricate what I'm saying to you guys/gals. Don't think for a minute when flying the bus you switch off and leave it to the computers, The involvement is broadly the same for all airliners once on autopilot.

And just to end with some food for thought, Since on the airbus the computers are always involved with the flight controls providing you safe limits to fly in, would a company who flies airbuses (airbusi?) allow more handflying than on an RJ fleet that affords no such protection?:E

In the end though chaps, after saying all that, you take what you get and worry about what type you want to fly and who you really want to work for afterwards! (Fingers crossed for EMB195s, i actually fancy those machines:eek:)

Atreyu
26th Feb 2008, 10:48
Well I probably should tell you about the company so you know will know eventually what your working day will consist of should you succeed in getting on the scheme and being recruited into the airline. Start times are as per your roster, earliest I've had so far is 0430 and latest is about 1450, so quite varied start times.

Upon parking and walking in the rain and wind to the terminal we obviously have to pass through security, emptying your pockets and taking off jackets etc, trust me this could tip someone over the edge if they're having a bad day, but I'm sure the staff at the search point have seen it all before :}

On from that we walk through the length of the EDI main terminal to reach our crew room, so plenty opportunity for posing if that's what floats your boat:p

In the crew room we log into the staff intranet and 'check in' for our duty. Then usually whoever is in first, be it captain or f/o will start the process of printing the paperwork off. Once that is complete the P1 will brief the P2 on the current/forecast weather and any relevent NOTAMs along the route. The the crew will decide on a fuel figure for the flight, justifying why they took any extra if they did (WX/Icing/ATC etc) Then the figures will phoned through to the handling agent, and usually by the time we reach the aeroplane, the refuller is nearly done or actually done if the inbound landed with alot of extra fuel.

Once on board we stow our baggage if we have any (not our flight kit, just your clothes bag, you might not be nightstopping of course) then procede onto the flight deck. The P1 will perform the walk around, while the P2 performs the relevant checks, the actual checks done depend on whether the A/C was sealed up or was handed over by a crew. The P2 will start to set up the navaids for the SID expected, it's written on the flightplan, which bases its judgement on current winds from METAR reports, and will also plug the route into the FMS and calculate the performance figures (time permitting for the latter). The P1 will join P2 on the flightdeck after his/her walk around and begin to either check the performance figures or do them if the P2 is busy.

Once this is complete the before start checks are completed to the line, then the departure brief commences. Once this is complete, the loadsheet has hopefully arrived, and we interactively enter the weights into the FMC and onto the paper flightplan, ensuring no errors are made. Then the rest of the before start checks are completed. I usually get my clearence during the brief but it is personal choice. This must be listened to by both crew members, again so no errors are made. Once this is all complete, we had over the relevent paperwork to the dispatcher who then leaves the a/c and this allows us to close up and request push and start from ATC.

The way we set the aeroplane up for flight is by a set or memory actions triggered by an event, e.g receiving ATC push and Start clearnce automatically makes the crew perform the push/start 'set up'. We then follow the checklist to make sure we've moved the right switches into the right places! It sounds convoluted but it actually works very well, allowing you to CHECK each system is correctly set for start; since you've already moved the switch/control, and not just read and do from a list.

Thats about it really, the rest is just straightforward (hopefully) line flying, following a SID, fly along airways or by ATC headings, STAR or Radar vectored arrival and approach to land. The turnaround is always busy as above unless your finished for the day!

You have to be adaptable to change, ATC change runways, slot times move, weather changes, and all these changes can be in our favour and not in our favour and any combination inbetween. Add to that the infinate varible of passengers and people coming in and out of the flight deck means you can't be too settled in, as soon as you do that, it all changes!

And of course being ready for any non normal or emergency situation, remember we usually run the APU, and it could catch fire just as easily as the four on the wings could. Not likely, but possible! I find it as stimulating on the ground as in the air, it's almost like chess, trying to manage all your pieces correctly and get them in order to make your move. Or maybe I just suffer from illusions of grandeur, who knows!

Hope this was informative!

chileconcarne27
6th Mar 2008, 17:19
So, did anyone else receive the good news?? I had the best phone call of my life yesterday and they've offered me a June start.

Would be great to hear from any others that made it through.

Atreyu
8th Mar 2008, 17:37
I wouldn't get too excited, when you sign employment terms, then you can relax!

BusinessMan
8th Mar 2008, 19:40
Congratulations Chile! You've been persevering for at least as long as I and it's paid off - enjoy the feeling :D. BM

Atreyu
9th Mar 2008, 00:33
Whoever has earned a place, my congratulations. But it is only the start of a long and arduous road my friends, be warned! :ouch:

chileconcarne27
9th Mar 2008, 14:59
There's always someone who puts a dampener on things isn't there!!

I know you're only being realistic Atreyu but i've worked hard to get here and it's not going to stop now...!

Thanks BusinessMan, hope things work out for you too!!

Atreyu
9th Mar 2008, 18:11
Ok then, take it from someone who has been through FTE your work has only just begun!

Atreyu

Atreyu
11th Mar 2008, 20:37
What can I say? I just love to crush enthusiasm whenever and wherever possible :E

Just trying to inject some reality into cloud 9 I guess! I have offered my congratulations and I'm sure the candidates will have successful training but personally I would (and did) save the celebrations until at least after passing the IR! But perhaps I'm just cynical?

Well done all though, great scheme and best wishes for the training and subsequent TR!

mattlittle
25th Jun 2008, 09:44
I apllpied yesterday, but I haven't heard back yet. If I hear nothing by Friday (27th), I'll contact them directly on +34 956 317806

Shay
25th Jun 2008, 17:38
Aha... I'm confused.. Why did you apply yesterday?

Assuming you're talking about the BACityflyer Scheme with FTE, I applied about three weeks ago? Stage 3 is set for Manchester in a couple of weeks, and I don't have my hopes up.

Not many people seem to have applied, there's not much news about it circulating around here at least!

Best of luck,
Shay:ok:

Martyn hobbs
26th Jun 2008, 18:13
SHAY- Maybe some people don't post about it if they have applied as more people would then apply and become competitors!!

AdamLT
30th Jun 2008, 15:45
i am there for phase 3 on the 8th July. is anyone else there then??

Shay
30th Jun 2008, 15:52
9th July for me :cool:

AdamLT
30th Jun 2008, 15:56
good luck Shay :)

CruiseControl_007
30th Jun 2008, 16:16
Congratulations guys.

Still haven't had a reply yet.

Did any of you guys receive an email requesting you to forward your answers to another email address?

AdamLT
30th Jun 2008, 16:18
cheers Cruisecontrol :)

no, it was the same email...just a simple reply. just relax. you should hear something very soon. fingers crossed for you :)

CruiseControl_007
30th Jun 2008, 16:27
Thanks Adam.

I replied to the email with the questions i.e. BAcityflyer@....

But then I received another email stating the below:

Dear Candidate,

We are experiencing some technical problems with our e-mail system, which we hope will be rectified quickly.

At the moment there remains some doubt that we have received all e-mails sent to the [email protected] (http://us.mc521.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected]) address in the past few days, and as a result, we might not have received your responses to the question package sent to you last week.

If you have returned your responses in the last two days, we would ask that you re-transmit them to the following two addresses.

If you have not yet returned your question responses, please do so to both addresses below.

[email protected] (http://us.mc521.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected])
[email protected] (http://us.mc521.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected])

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The FTE team

I'm surprised no one else has received it. Anyway, I have forwarded my answers to the email address they mentioned.

So when did you get the reply?

AdamLT
30th Jun 2008, 16:30
Ahh...well just sit tight and hopefully you should hear something by tomorrow i guess. they can't really leave it much later.

i had my reply at around 12.30 today from the main email address that i sent my answers to.

docash1983
30th Jun 2008, 17:17
Still no reply for me either.:ugh: Just wondering whether AdamLT is the one I met at the FTE presentation at the meteropol Birmimngham the other week?

Docash1983 / Ashley

AdamLT
30th Jun 2008, 17:31
You got it mate.
I text ypou earlier. not sure if i got the right number.
pm me with ur number again if you want.

docash1983
1st Jul 2008, 10:42
Hi Adam, havent recieved anything yet mate, getting a bit fed up to be honest. Think I'll leave it until midday and then contact FTE and see whats going on. Ill text you when I know. Bestof Luck for the 8th.

Docash1983

VinceR
1st Jul 2008, 12:02
Same for me, I have not received anything yet...

Docash1983, if you phone them, please give us an explanation.

Thanks.

Vincent

VinceR
1st Jul 2008, 20:32
No news from FTE today. Is is the same from you? Do we have to understand that it is over for us?

Nevertheless, I will try to contact them tomorrow.

Vincent

docash1983
2nd Jul 2008, 09:24
Hi guys, I still havent recieved any word. I have now sent two emails one yesterday directly to FTE and one today to the BA city flyer address:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am still awaiting a response regarding the BA city flyer scheme. I understand that some have already been called for an aptitude test between the 8th and 10th July 2008. Could you please, let me know if I can expect a reply in the near future or whether the omission of a reply constitutes a failure to proceed to the next stage of the application.

Thank-you for your time.

Who else is still awaiting a reply, i'd like to know how many have not recieved a reply yet. :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Cheers

Docash1983

VinceR
2nd Jul 2008, 09:50
I sent an Email yesterday night to BA CityFlyer. If I receive some information , I let you know.

Vincent

docash1983
2nd Jul 2008, 10:01
Hi guys,

For those who are interested, to add to my above post, I stated that I contacted FTE via their dedicated BA city flyer email and had this response:

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that we will contact you in the very near future regarding your Phase 2 results.

Kind Regards,

Flight Training Europe.

Docash1983

VinceR
2nd Jul 2008, 10:10
I received the same Email as you Docash...

We "just" have to wait a little bit more ... as soon as I receive my results (good or not), I let you know.

Vincent

CruiseControl_007
2nd Jul 2008, 10:58
Still waiting...:ugh:

1984midman
2nd Jul 2008, 16:56
Still waiting too...

SefonSA
2nd Jul 2008, 21:30
Yes anytime now...

docash1983
2nd Jul 2008, 21:39
Im not holiding my breath. They said they would be in touch and still haven't, I feel like im banging my head up the wall.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

I hope you all recieve replies soon.

Docash1983

dreamliner81
3rd Jul 2008, 12:36
from past experience, they always reply whether it is a yes or a no. also...last time, phase 3 and 4 were delayed and did not take place when they were supposed to.

VinceR
4th Jul 2008, 09:51
The Email does not want to come...I hope we will receive it before the week-end.

Vincent

PS: dreamliner81, can you give me more info on the last time you applied for BACF? How long did you wait? Where did the phase 3 take place?

SefonSA
4th Jul 2008, 09:56
YES! I got an email & voicemail! Third phase July 9th...

Not much time to tell work & study maths!

Goodluck all & hope to see you there

docash1983
4th Jul 2008, 11:17
I still havent recieved anything, and CTC have refused my application, god knows why. Nice start to the weekend aye!:ugh:

-LoneWolf-
4th Jul 2008, 11:42
Call FTE and ask to speak to Mary Jo. She is dealing with the scheme. Good luck!

I have my interview for phase 3 on the 8th, so next Tuesday, at 18:00. Time for some studying.

jonty797
4th Jul 2008, 11:57
Hi guys,

I've also got my interview on the 8th so thought I'd drop in and say hello!

Quick question - to what extent would BA Cityflyer support us financially? I can't remember exactly and can't find the information anywhere.

Thanks!

VinceR
4th Jul 2008, 12:38
Bad news for me. BA CF has refused my application... I hope that I will be the only one.
Good luck for those who go to phase 3!

Vincent

AdamLT
4th Jul 2008, 15:57
i don't think the BACF/ FTE scheme is partially funded...not like the Flybe one which is due up this month sometime.

I got accepted to phase 3 but have told them I cannot attend due to work commitments. i hope they give my place to some one else.

good luck to everyone next week

CruiseControl_007
4th Jul 2008, 18:22
Bummer...I got rejected too. Oh well back to plan A.

My condolences Adam...hate it when that happens. If it's any consolation it happened to me on my final stage in the previous FTE/CityJet scheme. Manage to pass stage 2 but couldn't attend stage 3 as I had work commitments abroad for a month. :{

Good luck to all in stage 2.

docash1983
4th Jul 2008, 19:00
I've been rejected too. Never mind i suppose nothing ventured nothing gained. Best of luck to all of you through to the next stage.

Docash1983

BusinessMan
8th Jul 2008, 14:57
Hang in there guys :cool:. I got binned at stage 2 by FTE for the BACF scheme last year ... but invited to stage 4 of another FTE one and stage 3 of another. So try not to take it too hard as there will be other schemes coming up and the way FTE choose the stage3 groups can be hard to fathom:hmm:, particularly when many people use pretty much the same application answers each time ;).

My point is that not making stage 3 this time round doesn't mean you aren't necessarily cut out for the job or won't ever make it. I tried to take all the knock-backs as practise/experience and made myself look forwards, trying to take the learnings forward each time until one worked out to the finishing post :)

Best of luck, BM

dreamliner81
9th Jul 2008, 12:00
I got rejected too. Funny, last time I applied for this scheme I got through the final phase!
There is no financial support on this scheme I am afraid.

Good luck to all of you!

RJ100
10th Jul 2008, 15:42
There was a post in another thread saying that only one place was available on this intake. Have been in touch with a person in the know and they are planning on having FOUR applicants on the Scheme.

RJ.

Shay
11th Jul 2008, 08:17
Did anybody here attend the interview on the 9th?

SefonSA
11th Jul 2008, 10:20
Yes I was there for the morning slot. What time did you end up finishing?

I had a long interview which was meant to be based on the email questions but seemed to go alot more off topic. I think I covered all the key areas but in a bit of a defensive manner, felt I should of been more positive.

I am not to sure about my test results either! Computer tests were fair but maths the time just flew by and I had only got to Q.18 out of 25! - Didnt have time for guestimating!

In answer to RJ100 we were told they are looking for 4 candidates (though could be less if not happy with FTEs selection) so could be 4 or more for the fourth stage. I counted the receptionists logbook about 18 names signing in but dont know if there have been other interview locations.

Look forward to posting some good news....

How was it for you Shay?

Shay
13th Jul 2008, 10:35
SefonSA,

I also counted 18 people on the list of names that the lady had to interview..

Tests were ok written, the pilapt was god-awful.. It really was! So count me out for Phase 4. Interview was alright, questions were pretty straightforward and rather expected.

The day was a complete shambles in terms of planning- I finished at nearly 8 oclock and missed my flight back (ironically it was a BA flight). Had to splash out on a flight the next day after trying to find somewhere decent to stay that night :* I think most people in the afternoon had problems with transport home, I doubt anybody made their flight/train home!

Shay

ca2bb
22nd Jul 2008, 11:42
Has anyone heard whether or not they have made it to the stage 4 interview?

Provisional dated for stage 4 are only 7 days away.

-LoneWolf-
22nd Jul 2008, 14:18
Yes I heard last Thursday via e-mail. I'll be there next Tuesday for Phase 4. Looking forward to it. Good luck everyone.

Shay
22nd Jul 2008, 18:01
Ive heard nothing so far, Im going to take this as a rejection.. Best of luck to whoever is attending Phase 4 ! :ok:

owenoundle
22nd Jul 2008, 18:53
I spoke to FTE this evening and they informed me that BACF have not got back to them with the names of people they would like to see in stage 4, so I don't understand how lonewolf has been informed?

-LoneWolf-
23rd Jul 2008, 08:17
I have no idea... I have an e-mail from BA CityFlyer in my inbox, sent to me last Thursday, informing me that I have been put through to phase 4 with details of when and where it will take place. Maybe it's because I already have a confirmed place on the October course at FTE? Your guess is as good as mine.

SefonSA
23rd Jul 2008, 20:31
Congratulations Lonewolf when I looked at your history after your post I thought that was the case - please keep us updated. But I am surprised (not completely!) no one else from phase 3 interviews has heard anything yet. Maybe not all 18+ on PPrune?

Goodluck to all - patience is a virtue!

jonty797
23rd Jul 2008, 20:36
Hope I'm not the bearer of bad news - afraid I got Phase 4 confirmation at the same time as LoneWolf. Hope you guys hear something soon.

owenoundle
23rd Jul 2008, 20:56
Well done you 2. Ill give them a ring tomorrow again and find out what is going on, as its only a week away now!! good luck everyone...

owenoundle
23rd Jul 2008, 22:23
CA2BB,
how are you doing? I was in your group on the 8th of July, have you heard anything yet by the way??
david

ca2bb
23rd Jul 2008, 22:51
Hi David,

I'm doing good, no not heard anything, sent an e-mail earlier today, but had no responce.
How are you? Good luck for your interview next week!.

Aaron

SefonSA
25th Jul 2008, 18:06
Still haven't heard anything good or bad! I will call FTE Monday - Ever the optimist. Eager to still get on the October course with or with out City Flyer.

Congratulations & good luck Jonty797

Mikebert4
28th Jul 2008, 18:11
Hi there chaps,

I've been reading this post with interest I'm currently through to Phase 4 (got the e-mail last week). I'm up for interview tomorrow (29th July). To say the lest the ol' nerves are going bonkers!

Anyway, good luck to anyone else through to P4, and keep up the gossip!

SefonSA
1st Aug 2008, 13:23
Hello fellow applicants

Got the official rejection email, telephoned today & found out it was some of the written tests that let me down. Not surprised I only had 4 days to prepare & 12 years since maths class!

Happy to know the pilat & reasoning were good will definetly be applying for the next scheme...

Hope all your stage 4 interviews went well look forward to hearing what happened.

Goodluck Stu

-LoneWolf-
6th Aug 2008, 15:53
Just had the call and I wasn't successful. I'm gutted, but it won't stop me achieving what I want eventually.

Congratulations to those who were successful and I'll see you in October!

Mikebert4
6th Aug 2008, 17:18
I -just- missed the call (was in a meeting) and haven't been able to get in touch with Carmen from FTE since then...

Still, whilst I'm on tenter-hooks, best of luck to you all, and I'll let you know the outcome when I find out (as soon as I can call FTE tomorrow!).

Pebsdave
6th Aug 2008, 22:17
Hey guys, was also unsuccessful in stage 4. Not sure why thought it was a strong group all in all. Still onwards and upwards all the best guys and gals

Pebsdave

Mikebert4
11th Aug 2008, 14:14
Hey chaps,

Good news for me :D they accepted me and I start at jerez on the 13th of October. Just about sufficent time to panic about getting the finance sorted! I've been on edge ever since I missed the call last wednesday and it's great to finally know, and even better to have been successful

Now I've got to go back to work and act normally for a few hours (well, as normally as I ever act). The grin might be a bit tell-tale though, can anyone think of an excuse?

My consolodations to those of us that didn't make it through stage 4, but don't any of you give up. I've been through 3 rejections before I applyed to BA CityFlyer and each time wondered if I'd ever get on a scheme like this. If you've got through to Phase 4, you've a place in the industry says I. So don't go giving up!

Mike out.

jonty797
12th Aug 2008, 12:30
Many congrats Mike, glad you got it. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful as well but getting through to Phase 4 wasn't bad for a first attempt and I will keep trying! Does anyone know which airlines are likely to be recruiting again through FTE and when?

Mikebert4
13th Aug 2008, 12:39
The list of airlines that recruit from FTE is quite a long one, but from that list there are but a few who run mentorship schemes through FTE:

Flybe
City Flyer
ThompsonFly
CityJet

(I may have missed some here)

I've been through the Flybe selection to Phase 4, and unfortunately fell down on the interview (they required a lot more knowledge of the kind of lives pilots lead and about the aircraft than CityFlyer or NetJets did). I'm afraid ThompsonFly and CityJet are unknown quantities to me selectio-wise.

I'd say you'd do best with Flybe (providing you like the aircraft + airline), the selection is almost question-for-question the same as CityFlyer's, until you get to P4.

Best of Luck!

Atreyu
15th Aug 2008, 09:48
Well done everyone who got through, might see you about whenever you filter through to the frontline!:ok:

Atreyu

konkrete
18th Aug 2008, 10:41
Hey guys, joining this thread a little late! I have got my Interview on the 9th - 10th of September. I believe its the 4th and final stage.

I am provisionally on the course that starts on the 7th November. Is anyone else heading to Jerez for the interview on these dates and is anyone going to be on the November course?

Cheers

ca2bb
19th Aug 2008, 07:01
Hi konkrete,

I thought the FTE/BA Cityflyer selection is finished, and stage 4 interviews have come and gone!

I didn't get through to stage 4, but am heading out to Jerez for an interview on 10th September, do you know if there are any spaces left for November?

Aaron

konkrete
19th Aug 2008, 07:06
My November course is just the standard self-funded course. I have no idea if there are places left.

James

-LoneWolf-
20th Aug 2008, 11:16
Well done Mike!

I can't remeber if I told you when we were waiting in reception, but I already have a confirmed place on the October course so we'll be coursemates. Not long to go now. See you soon!

skyslimit
5th Sep 2008, 09:15
Another one here who is off to Jerez in October with CityFlyer. 5 of us in total is it?

Mikebert4
5th Sep 2008, 12:40
I know of Lyco360, Sparki, myself - and now Skyslimit makes 4. Am I missing someone?

Have you heard anything directly from BACF about being sucessful? (I know Lyco, Sparki and I haven't). Closest I've got is a letter from FTE (that I asked for today) confirming my status as a tagged student on the course.

Oh well, I'll keep plugging after this loan and I'll see you all (touch wood!) on the 13th October!

skyslimit
5th Sep 2008, 12:44
Yes, there is someone out there in wild blue yonder, and that should make the 5 with the 'golden ticket', as it were.

I haven't heard anything direct from BACF either, but I'm led to believe that's perfectly normal, and is how it has been for previous courses.

I'm also waiting on a letter from FTE confirming I am on the Monitored Course, as my bank manager has said he would like to see that before he gives me a Career Development Loan.

Can't say I blame him in the current climate.

Tommy_uk
13th Sep 2008, 15:06
Hi guys and girls,

Can anyone tell me any advantages the integrated course has over the likes of ctc. Also on the website it says once the applicaition has been accepted you will be taken to Jerez, but somepeople on this thread say otherwise. Also what assesments should be expected?

thanks