PDA

View Full Version : ryanair open days

planeshipcar
9th Jan 2008, 05:20
Does attendence at these days offer a quick likely hood of being selected for interview,

dilema

fork out close to £5000 and go to parc or ryan mcc course or

£2k approx and wait ages for an interview and feel like i'm moving no where,

If the cadet openday meant a chance at an open day I would strongly consider the latter,

Please as much info as possible

LL-Snowman
9th Jan 2008, 10:04
the open day is worth going to.
i was lucky enough to already have an interview confirmed before i went to EMA for the open day. But i know of a few people who went there basically to have a look round and hand a CV in. Now they have interviews with Ryanair in a few weeks.
Personally id do the MCC cheap and save the money for a TR.
LL Snowman.

MIKECR
9th Jan 2008, 10:19
Ryanair are desperate for pilots this year, I believe 400 new starts is the target. If you submit an application that has all the the basic ticks in the boxes then I would probably expect a call within a few weeks for interview. And in true tradition, expect to pay for the interview!

F3
9th Jan 2008, 13:07
I attended the open day in November and sumitted my CV to Ash. I haven't been invited for interview alas. :(

The day was superb. All the questions about the process were answered and we got the opportunity to meet cadets going through the training process, great people who were very helpful. The high point of the day was definately the 737 sim. Absolutely brilliant, worth it for the tenner on its own. Free coffee as well.

bananaman2
9th Jan 2008, 14:45
went to the openday in december.

came away with the impression that i would be offered an interview if i met all the basic criteria. Personally i went there in advance i.e before IR and licence issue so i've not followed it up since but it's worth it.

you at least meet the people who are going to potentially interview you and get all their contact details. They said upon meeting the criteria you first get called for an interview/chat and if successful get invited to the assessment day that you have to pay for. Not sure if it speeds up the process of selection over and above people who have applied online and not gone to the openday though.