PDA

View Full Version : Falklands request - Contact info for Martin Hale (Pilot of Sea Harrier ZA194)

TEEEJ
8th Jan 2008, 19:07
I have been contacted by friends and family of Lt. Ricardo Volponi who are seeking contact with Martin Hale.

Lt. Volponi was flying an Argentine Air Force Dagger when shot down by then Lt. Martin Hale.

Does Martin post on PPRuNe, or does anyone have contact details?

Please feel free to PM me

Thanks

TJ

jed_thrust
8th Jan 2008, 23:58
Not too sure, but I have heard that he might be (was?) with Dragonair in HKG.

TEEEJ
9th Jan 2008, 06:54
Jed_Thrust,

Thanks for the reply.

TJ

Edmund Spencer
11th Jan 2008, 08:59
TEEEJ
Same information but probably very out of date. Definitely with Dragon Air in Hong Kong previously.
Suggest you try posting in Fragrant Harbour. Maybe someone will have more up to date info.
Brgds
ES

TEEEJ
11th Jan 2008, 09:15
TEEEJ
Same information but probably very out of date. Definitely with Dragon Air in Hong Kong previously.
Suggest you try posting in Fragrant Harbour. Maybe someone will have more up to date info.
Brgds
ES

Many thanks for the reply.

Cheers

TJ

Lakes2B
27th Mar 2013, 07:36
Hello

I know this is quite an old posting, but just wondered if you managed to make contact with Martin?

If you need assistance let me know

TEEEJ
27th Mar 2013, 13:29
Lakes2B,

Thanks for the reply. Contact was made.

I noticed that another relative of Lt. Volponi is writing a book. Perhaps someone can assist? There is an e-mail address at the following link.

http://www.hmsbrilliant.com/content/latestnews.html

Who took this photograph ?

Rodrigo Valde's who was 8yrs old in 1982 is writing a book about Grupo 5 de Caza actions during the war and would like permission to use this photograph . His relative Lt Ricardo Volponi was killed when his Dagger was shot down on the 23rd of May by Lt Martin hale of 800 squadron.